Senior Security Software Engineer
Job ID: 24-268
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda:
We are looking for a skilled Senior Security Software Engineer to join our Security Operations Center (SOC). You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining secure software solutions/tools that help provide better cyber security services to our partners. You will also have the opportunity to work on research and development efforts on innovative and forward-facing technologies and participate in sprint projects in Agile planning to continuously progress the overall SOC maturity level and R&D efforts. Purple Team members draw from hands-on experience in offensive security disciplines to improve the tools, processes, and capabilities of threat detection and response of our SOC.
This position requires a strong background in Java or Python, software architecture, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and the software development life cycle. Previous working knowledge of cybersecurity topics such as security threats, SIEM/SOAR tools, and R&D efforts are preferred but not required. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an elite team of security engineers and make a real impact in the field of cybersecurity. You will be collaborating with SOC team members and leadership stakeholders. Being a team player is necessary for being successful in this role along with having an innovative and forward-facing mindset. You will be a leader in all things Software Engineering and Cloud Infrastructure within the SOC team and act as a mentor to other team members.
What you will be working on:
- Design and develop secure software solutions that help provide better security service to our partners.
- Experience in researching and developing new and innovative cyber security tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security into the software development lifecycle.
- Implementation of projects such a live global threat map to show case cyber threats in real time.
- Conduct security testing and vulnerability assessments to identify and mitigate potential security risks on new projects.
- Stay up to date with emerging cybersecurity trends, technologies, and threats.
- Participate in incident response and remediation activities as needed.
- Develop and maintain documentation on new processes, tools, technologies, and on-going R&D efforts.
- Design, implement, and maintain secure cloud-based systems on AWS/Azure IAAS platforms.
- Ensure software engineering frameworks are integrated into the software development life cycle.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 4-6 years of experience working as a software engineer, preferably, but not required, in a Security Operations Center or cyber security related space.
- Expert level programming skills in Java, Python, C++, or Ruby.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to develop and maintain documentation on new processes, tools, technologies, and on-going R&D efforts.
- Experience building and integrating with APIs.
- Experience with Logstash development including parsing of data using grok or regex.
- Familiarity with software engineering frameworks and experience integrating them into the software development life cycle.
- Experience in research and development efforts on innovative and forward-facing technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining secure cloud-based systems on AWS/Azure IAAS platforms.
- Preferred experience with Medallion Data Architecture and/or Databricks machine learning platform.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and experience working on sprint projects to progress the overall SOC maturity level and R&D efforts.
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles and concepts, including threat modeling, risk assessment, vulnerability management is preferred not required.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion. detection/prevention systems, SIEM, and endpoint protection solutions are a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda, in addition to equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.