Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud-intelligence & DP) - App Security Engineering
Job ID 24-034
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda’s Application Security team builds our Web Application Firewall (WAF) and WAF-as-a-Service product lines, protecting against the latest web application threats such as API attacks, bots, and client-side attacks. Our customers range from top-5 global banks and oil companies to small businesses who lack IT expertise – therefore, a key focus of our engineering efforts is using automation and Machine Learning to help our customers detect threats and tune their configuration for maximum security.
- Strong practical Linux skills
- Solid experience in C, C++, Python programming languages
- Experience in working with multithreaded, asynchronous programming.
- Good understanding of building large codebases on various platforms with good understanding of compilers, linkers, loaders.
- A research oriented mind with a good grasp of various relevant cloud technologies and security models.
- Experience working on Datapath/packet path, familiar with inline debugging using tools like gdb, real time environments.
- Domain knowledge of Firewalls, SSL protocols, WAFs, Web applications or any network/cloud security products.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and platforms, with specific focus on Azure platform and services
- Knowledge of various Web Application Frameworks, API frameworks based on REST, GraphQL and gRPC
What you’ll be working on:
- Our WAF product includes a high performance demanding deep packet inspection engine interacting with our Active Threat Intelligence (ATI) cloud, which uses Machine Learning and Big Data to identify bots and other threats to our customers’ applications.
- Research of efficient security solutions, Design and Development of new features/enhancements towards securing web based applications. Troubleshoot, fix, and test product issues to resolve complex problems.
- Design and Development of micro services as a part of our Active Threat Intelligence framework
- Deploy security solutions using the latest technologies on the data management pipelines and databases on preferably Azure platforms, and Azure Databricks modules used to deploy our Active Threat Intelligence.
- Understand performance and security implications of how the design/code impacts the product.
What you bring to the role:
- B tech or master’s in computer science or related fields.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience with efficient Data Structures and Algorithms
- Solid experience in C / C++ / Python / Go programming and associated STLs/packages/libraries
- Self-motivated, quick learner, excellent analytical skills and able to design and implement solutions individually
- Basic knowledge of HTTP(s) , Various Web based standards, TCP/IP protocols, and networking is a must.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management etc.
- Must have experience with Kubernetes and other orchestration platforms. Advantage for experience with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Must have experience with Perl, PHP, Python, Go, Scala. Advantage for Python experience.
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda in addition to equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.