Sr. Software Engineer
Job ID 24-042
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Web Security Gateway team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer. Our team manages one of the longest running product lines in Barracuda, considered by many an industry standard in Web Security. Come help us build an amazing product and secure tens of thousands of organizations around the world.
- Custom Linux Platform over an embedded device
- Perl, Python, C / C++, Shell Script, LUA, XML
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Kerberos, NTLM
- Linux network filtering
What you’ll be working on:
- Understands product wide ecosystem dependencies, impact, and how it integrates with other products
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments
- Convert business and design specifications into working implementations
- Work with our QA team to define and help produce test cases and bug verifications
- Help resolve real-world customer escalations
- Propose and implement innovations on the Web Security space
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 4+ years of proven expertise in software development in one or more of the technologies cited in the Tech Stack section
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management
- Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Use and development of Networking applications in Perl, Python, or C/C++
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda, in addition to equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.