Sr. Software Engineer
Job ID: 23-764
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, & use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
The Cloud-to-Cloud Backup team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Bangalore-based team in Barracuda's Data, Network, and Application security division.
You'll be part of the team building the next generation of our Barracuda Backup product, which serves to protect our customers' virtual machines, emails, files, and more against loss, or accidental or malicious data loss for purposes of backup, compliance, and disaster recovery. You will work to design, develop, test, debug, deploy, maintain and improve the backend microservices while working closely with the frontend and QA teams. The technologies you'll be using include C#, Net7.0, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, gRPC, and Azure Cloud Services, including Cosmos DB, Blob storage, AKS, and Github Enterprise.
What you’ll be working on
- Design, implement and test features, improvements and optimizations for the product.
- Development of new microservices, for interacting with new types of data from on premise and cloud vendors (Office 365, Google Workspace, Azure IaaS, etc)
- Find and fix bugs in production and development environments
- Uphold high standards for code quality and architecture, including the use of SOLID design principles
- Mentor team members in design and development best practices
- Thoughtfully give, and gracefully receive, rigorous code reviews
- Develop and interpret metrics to monitor production system performance
- On-call rotation for the services your team is responsible for
- Document and communicate research and results
What you bring to the role:
- Ideally 3 plus years of Software development experience in C#
- Proficiency in developing software in a Linux/Unix environment
- Proficiency in using Git
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, component, integration, and end-to-end)
- Experience building and deploying applications in the public cloud
- Experience building and using Docker containers
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, including root cause analysis
- Curiosity and drive to learn and investigate unfamiliar systems
- Enthusiasm and willingness to communicate via video-conferencing and text-based chat
The following are considered a plus:
- Kubernetes and Helm experience
- gRPC experience
- Azure cloud services experience (Blob, Cosmos DB, AKS, Azure DevOps)
- Experience logging, monitoring, and tracing microservices in production
- Github Workflow/Actions
What you’ll get from us
You’ll be joining a focused, close-knit team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Tooling – all the tools and services you need to be productive and successful in your day-to-day work. Hybrid Working – a flexible approach to location/office. Internal mobility – there are many opportunities for cross training and the ability to define your next career step within Barracuda. We support employees who want to explore other areas of interest, in addition to equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.