Senior DevOps Engineer
Job ID 24-301 (Ottawa, ON)
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. To ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to promote automation efforts and manage infrastructure of our CloudGen Access product at Barracuda. You will be working with the product development team to create automation procedures that can make our product more robust and error-free while supporting a continuous delivery effort.
What you’ll be working on
- Complete end-to-end DevOps tasks, such as maintaining Kubernetes clusters, respond to incidents, and keep our stack stable and updated.
- Our stack is on AWS, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, Go, Python, React, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Vault and Envoy.
- To manage we use Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Packer, Helm, ArgoCD, Github Actions, Bash with monitoring tools as Filebeat, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Ensure all critical servers are properly inventoried and monitoring is configured.
- Scale our product technology to tens of thousands of customers (millions of devices).
- Autonomy to research best practices and tools.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, advanced degree is a plus; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience Devops/SRE role supporting development and production operations for a large-scale distributed system in the cloud.
- Proven track record in developing/managing production-grade software.
- Strong Technical Skills - Software Infrastructure.
- Hands on experience in HA, scaling APIs and cloud security practices.
- Experience in app/network security is a plus.
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda. In addition, you will receive equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.