Sr. Software Engineer
Job ID 24-341
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Networks is seeking a talented individual to join us as a Senior Software Engineer to work on our Zero Trust products and cloud services. The individual will become a member tasked with the development of innovative solutions to protect endpoints from emerging web-based threats. Primary responsibilities will include the creation of an agent for traffic inspection, policy enforcement, integration with cloud services and enhance capabilities.
- C/C++ skills with emphasis on object-oriented programming
- Network programming. TCP/ HTTPS /HTTP
- Kernel Modules /Extensions (Windows Driver and Mac OS system extensions)
- Git, CMake, Conan
- GDB / LLDB
What you’ll be working on
- Design and implement major components of the Zero Trust product that has high impact for Barracuda Customers.
- Evaluate the performance of the product.
- Re-evaluate the design and implementation of source code.
- Collaborate with team members and team leads
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong C/C++ skills with emphasis on object-oriented programming
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic/troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of layer 4-7 protocol (TCP/HTTP/HTTPS) and working knowledge of SSL (TLS). Deep understanding of security concept and L4 networking protocol a plus
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS applications development and systems programming (Nice to have)
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- Equity, in the form of non-qualifying options
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities