Are you passionate about PC gaming systems? We’re looking for a talented copywriter to convey clear messages about our products. This position involves writing concise and engaging copy for product pages and other marketing materials. It also entails creating impactful taglines and slogans, and proposing names for new products and features.
This position will focus exclusively on products from our premiere gaming brand, the Republic of Gamers. Although applicants need not be experts in PC gaming and related hardware, they should have some familiarity with both and be eager to learn more.
Successful applicants will collaborate with marketing and PR teams to understand products and technologies, and then turn our messaging into beautiful prose for different marketing materials. They will also adapt content articles to create press releases, and have the opportunity to create original content articles as well.
All applicants should be comfortable meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, committed to maintaining a high standard of quality, and capable of not only applying editing feedback, but learning from it.
This position is eligible to work from home with occasional travel to our headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, and to our office in Fremont, CA if necessary.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Write clear, concise, and engaging copy for product pages and other marketing materials
- Work with marketing and PR to understand products and the technologies behind them
- Create impactful taglines and slogans that reflect key product attributes
- Propose names for new features and products
- Adapt content articles to create press releases for new product announcements
Experience and education:
- At least three years of relevant experience in tech journalism, marketing, or advertising
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts with conversational language
- Familiarity with PC gaming and associated hardware/technology—and a desire to learn more!
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google productivity applications
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and write on tight timelines
- Hard-working and self-motivating
- Creative mindset
- Experienced PC gamer and hardware enthusiast
- Remotely from home with occasional travel to offices in Taipei, TW and Fremont, CA if necessary