National Account Manager
The Account Manager’s goal is to maintain positive working relationships with customers while growing the ASUS business above industry growth rate. The Account Manager functions as a liaison between client companies, product managers and the marketing team. As a critical teammate within the sales team, the account manager utilizes business analytics to improve and support business development and growth for customers. A keen business mindset along with understanding of industry trends and experience in consumer electronics sales is needed to succeed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and Inventory Management:
- Weekly Sales and Inventory report analysis
- Provide recommendations to accounts and Product Management based on model performance
- Arranges and coordinates schedules and appointments for account executive
- Coordinates and arranges weekly/bi-weekly/ and monthly scheduled meetings with each account.
- Take the lead on the call when management is not available
- Take notes and create action items from meeting to be completed in 48 hours
- Assist in setting up new items at account via the accounts preferred format
- Training and Trade Show Events:
- Coordinate with marketing the needed materials for the event
- Project management from start to finish
- Ability to present to large groups on Asus products
- Competitive Analysis: Track promotions of competition at selected accounts. Ask detailed questions to account to better understand competitions performance
- Market Analysis: Read NPD monthly reporting to understand the market and help provide recommendations to accounts based on market data
- Work with ASUS partners: Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and AMD to create win-win opportunities
- Customer Service - Escalate customer service issue and create a closed loop to satisfy end consumer and retailer
- Actively utilize Salesforce.com to track account activity and performance.
- Work with Marketing to create marketing solutions to support accounts. Closely manage marketing timelines set by accounts. Drive each account to place ASUS products in ad - ensuring they have the proper messaging and images.
- Work with product management team to secure shelf placement and marketing support within the ROI guidelines controlled by the product management team
- Forecast Management:
- Input forecast to Product Management team.
- Track delivery schedule to meet forecast request.
- Communicate to account any deviations from forecast.
- Request POs based on forecast.
Years of Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in business or related field – preferred College GPA above 3.0
- Minimum of 5 years of retail account management or retail buying experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Intermediate experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage work flow priorities
- Confidence to speak in front of large groups or senior management
- Focused on taking initiative to solve problems and create positive results
- Strong communication skills via email, phone, and face to face within ASUS and external partners
- Team player who is open to supporting other team members
- Proficient in English
- Ecommerce, Rent To Own, National and Regional Retail experience is preferred.
- Remotely from home with travel as needed
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 50% travel as needed