Test and Validation Engineer
The Test and Validation Engineer is able to perform various kind of server tests using different benchmark tools and other public-known test programs and applications, able to answer customer’s questions and resolve technical issues in timely and professional manner. The roles and responsibilities will involve all aspects of technical related matters for the ESB team. This includes product roadmaps, responding to technical requirements, deploying scalable and automated test suites for ASUS POC Sample at customer site and/or manufacturing facilities. They will also provide feedback and update to the team for follow up, making sure test and manufacturing runs smoothly with customer satisfaction by resolving all open technical issues. The ideal candidate must possess extensive knowledge and experience in related fields, be able to work independently with excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills for cross function and inter-department communications.
The successful candidate needs to be able to capture RD design issues by creating test script or program to automatically run continuous reliability and stress test, has a proven track record of working with RD engineering, Manufacturing test & deployment, RMA test to resolve technical issues, and is able to resolve software and hardware related issues including OS and application installations, testing and validation, compilation of drivers from source code. They should have a self-starter mentality to work with incomplete SOPs with minimal help and work independently. They will also provide technical support to the Sales team for any potential business development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Linux/Windows scripts test automation and error-injection frameworks and tools
- Develop test plan and test cases to identify risk area and validate server based on the product specification and/or customer’s requirement.
- Perform routine system hardware and component test or validation
- Responsible for end-to-end regression, release testing and deployments
- Perform Thermal test, Burning/Aging Test and Reliability Stress Test
- Capable of isolating the root cause of the failure independently
- Generate documentation including SOP and reports for all test result
- Work with partners to validate solutions for specific tests
- Provide technical training and support to customer and other internal departments
- Ad hoc projects including but not limited to assembly and production issues
Years of Education
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of related work experience preferably in the server business
Knowledge and Skills
- Hands on work experience and evaluation on various OS, VMware and open source applications/certifications with CLI and scripting is preferred
- Sound knowledge and experience of various functional tests on BIOS, BMC and IPMI protocols
- Knowhow of benchmark tools and performance tuning for both Linux and Windows
- Bench-work experience with system level or component level of failure analysis is required
- Understanding of API, Redfish test with POSTMAN
- Experience with resolving BIOS and BMC issues, and knowledge of ipmi commands.
- Script programming including Linux Bash, Python, Visual Basic, WScript and other similar scripting experience is required
- Sound experience of setting up Kickstart file in PXE server for both Legacy and UEFI mode
- Deploy CI/CD tools including Jenkins, inject failure using Yaml or similar with different frameworks
- Knowledge of OpenStack, K8s, SQL, Edge computing and Hadoop test is a plus
- Troubleshooting experience with measurement equipment including Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Current meter, etc.
- Active learner with the new technology and able to work under pressure with multiple projects at the same time to meet deadlines of resolving customer’s technical issues
- Has good communication skills, stays organized and responds and follows up in a timely manner
- Team player, takes initiative and follows through adequately
- Proven track record of working history with Automated Test scripting, helping customer to resolve technical issues and supporting the sales team in successfully acquiring new customers
- Excellent knowledge in computers/servers and the most current technology trends
- Soldering skill is a plus
- Able to read Chinese is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 30% travel for onsite support at Customer, manufacturing and/or Supplier’s locations
- Approximately 70% working in an office environment
- Able to lift 30 pounds