Staff Accountant I - Tax Team
In addition to general accounting month end reporting duties, this role is expected to be fostered as a tax expert in multi-states where ASUS is doing business. This position will be given the opportunity to learn how to do research on your own regarding business change, prepare the documents for tax filing and audit, and review the working paper of our outside tax consultant. Strong accounting and tax experience with analytical skills and quick adaptation to business changes are required to succeed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for sales/use and indirect tax liability accounts.
- Timely file monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax, gross receipt tax and indirect tax returns in multiple states, counties and local jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with inside sales team for resale certificate management.
- Support tax audit, including collecting data, researching issue identified and direct communicating with auditor to complete audit.
- Support income tax provision and annual tax return prepared by tax consultant, and record tax related journal entry.
- Support month-end close tasks when needed for US as well as Mexican subsidiary, ensuring transactions are recoded and account balances are stated accurately in accordance with IFRS, tax regulation and company policy.
- Research and resolve issues identified regarding tax or company policy.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Years of Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting and tax field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of sales tax and corporate income tax.
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel (Vlookup, Pivot Table, etc.).
- Ability to set tasks, priorities and deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Certification or courses in tax
- Work experience in consumer electronics
- Working in an office environment, requiring sitting for extended periods of time