Program Coordinator - Youth Years
Ashoka - Program Coordinator
Ashoka Youth Years is on the forefront of a movement to inspire every young person to become a changemaker - anyone who takes action to solve problems or create opportunities for the greater good. In partnership with young people and influential institutions, we build and activate communities of change leaders that are shifting the framework on how society views youth and how youth view themselves.
Summary: Candidate will be supporting the Ashoka US Youth Years team on work related to key programs and partnerships.
- Support standardization, logistics, and quality control of key programming for youth and adults
- Support social media outreach and the creation and rollout of a new communications strategy
- Assist with the creation and roll out of initiatives and partnerships related to changing the way young people grow up and shifting our culture around the importance of changemaking. This will include systematization, design of templates and tools, general support/coordination, organization of participants, etc.
- Foster strong cross-organizational relationships with key funders, network partners, and young people
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- 100% REQUIRED: Entrepreneurial experience. You have launched and led your own venture.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in community building, program/project management, event planning, or youth empowerment
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated with strong initiative-taking attitude
- Ability to work under deadline, but flexible enough to move fluidly when deadlines shift
- Ability to coordinate and think cross-culturally and work in a global environment
- Eager to solve problems and be proactive. Always thinking 2-3 steps ahead.
- Identifies as a changemaker and sees the potential in all young people being powerful changemakers as well
- Comfortable engaging and interacting with young people on a daily basis, while also able to join key partner meetings with corporate partners.
- Fluency in English
- Able to pass a US Background check
- Candidate must be willing to move to Washington D.C.