Framework Change Leader, South Asia
Leadership Group Member, Framework Change South Asia
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs— Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 40 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of almost 4,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an everyone a changemaker world.
Summary of Opportunity:
Ashoka is seeking an entrepreneur to lead how the world organizes around mindset shifting. The framework change leader will grapple with such questions as: How do big ideas catch on broadly across society? What can we learn from our extraordinary network of Ashoka Fellow about establishing new patterns and norms? How can we accelerate toward the Everyone A Changemaker world, prioritizing key skills such as empathy-based ethics, creativity, teamwork, and leadership? Who must also be having this conversation with us and for us? In order to do so effectively, they must have led a pattern change or mindset shift of their own.
Key achievements include:
• Movement storytelling: develop a regional storytelling framework that encourages the sharing of stories that show, not just tell, the shift toward youth and citizen agency, and "autonomy respecting" systems approach to solution development.
• Movement Marketing: Lead our efforts to build cohesive and leveraged approaches with movement partners to advance framework change initiatives such as Lead Young and Everyone a Changemaker. Ensure Ashoka’s narrative leads with our vision and empowers our internal teams and external partners.
• Media partnerships: Launch, nurture, and guide media strategy aligned with Ashoka’s framework. Cultivate key influencers, media, and publishers.
The right candidate will have the skills and 15-20 years of related experience to:
- Create a strategic movement marketing communications architecture,
• Establish strong media relationships,
• Identify opportunities to partner with aligned actors, and to raise the level of awareness of Ashoka and the Everyone a Changemaker vision,
• Help build Ashoka's South Asia marketing and communications capacity in a team of teams organizational structure
And they will meet Ashoka's core hiring criteria:
ENTREPRENEURSHIP/INTRAPRENEURSHIP: Demonstrates a track record of taking creative initiative and ownership (e.g., founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization).
UNDERSTANDING & BELIEF IN THE VISION OF AN EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER FUTURE: Understands and believes Ashoka’s vision at a gut level; has a broad and inquisitive intellect and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and the current social context.
EMOTIONAL AND SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE: Has the ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams.
ETHICAL FIBER: Possess exceptionally strong ethical behavior.
SELF DEFINITION: Assumes that changing the world in big ways is what they will do in life.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. The position is based in the South Asia office in Bangalore, India.