Executive Office Correspondence Associate
Overview: The Executive Office is a vital part of Ashoka, supporting the CEO in his daily schedule, research and external contacts. The Correspondence team handles the CEO’s daily correspondence, and help with mailings to key donors.
Time Commitment: Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Transcribing digital audio files of the CEO’s outgoing letters, memos, responses to emails, weekly agendas, board meeting materials, and more
- Proofing and quality checking communications
- Assisting Correspondence team with long-term projects like mailings to donors, board meetings
- Conduct research on a wide range of topics as requested by the CEO
- Maintaining archival systems (both physical and digital)
- Organizing and maintaining CEO's physical files (books, documents, attachments)
- Maintaining individual and organization records in Salesforce
- Tracking in-person meetings for follow-up with Partnerships
- Conducting research requests and document searches for CEO
- Interacting closely with Ashoka Executive Leadership
- Supporting other operational tasks for the CEO and/or the EO team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and flexible
- Speedy typing (experience with transcription is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to create systems
- Research experience
- Works well without a lot of direction and is able to manage in ambiguity
- Able to communicate ideas and create personal relationships through writing
- Able to innovate within an existing organization and get things done well in a new way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team and interact effectively with senior management
- Excellent hearing, listening, and voice interpretation skills
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Preferred: experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Preferred: transcription and dictation experience, Microsoft Suite
- Availability during peak production periods, including (1) Winter season (December-January), (2) Pre- and post- CEO travel, (3) Ashoka board meetings (February and July); and (4) end of the fiscal year (August 31).
- Minimum commitment: 1 year
- Team member will be working onsite at Ashoka’s Global office located directly above the Rosslyn Metro station in Arlington, Virginia.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Compensation: Yes