US Youth Years Network Manager
Ashoka US Youth Years
Ashoka Youth Years is on the forefront of a movement to inspire every young person to become a changemaker - anyone who takes action to solve problems or create opportunities for the greater good. In partnership with young people and influential institutions, we build and activate communities of change leaders that are shifting the framework on how society views youth and how youth view themselves.
Summary: Working closely with Ashoka Youth Years, Changemakers, and young people to ensure effective and professional support to our youth online challenges.
- Lead our outreach to local, state, and national networks and network partners via phone, email and social media as needed
- Design a roadmap to hit key program goals
- Source high-quality entrants that match evaluation criteria and builds the network of innovators
- Support young people across the country to apply to the Challenge and then support them in their journey with Ashoka afterwards.
- Design and implement strong community building opportunities for all entrants, winners, and partners
- Offer 1:1 support to teams of young people to grow and foster their ideas, most often through virtual office hours
- Co-lead the design and implementation of both in person and virtual convenings for young people and their parents
- Build videos, webinars, newsletters, etc. to better support young people in their changemaker journey
- Foster strong cross-organizational relationships with key funders, network partners, and young people
- Work with the team to pitch challenges and programs to potential funders
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the community building or event planning field preferred
- 100% REQUIRED: Entrpreneurial experience. You have launched and led your own venture.
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated, with an appreciation for mechanics and a thirst for making stuff work
- Ability to work under deadline, but flexible enough to move fluidly when deadlines shift
- Ability to coordinate and think cross-culturally and work in a global environment
- Eager to solve problems and be proactive. Always thinking 2-3 steps ahead.
- Identifies as a changemaker and sees the potential in all young people being powerful changemakers as well
- Comfortable engaging and interacting with young people on a daily basis, while also able to join key partner meetings with corporate partners.
- Fluency in English
- Able to pass a US Background check
- Willing to relocate to Washington, DC area