Sr Manager, Client Services-Fitness
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr Manager to oversee our Client Services Fitness Department. This position will manage the servicing of ASH clients including health plans.
· Develops, manages, evaluates and is responsible for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures service, support and efficiency achieves/exceeds company standards.
· Works with department executive to plan and direct workflow to staff, including account assignment.
· Assists staff in resolving day to day issues.
· Supports CTS goals and objectives set out by department executive and works with team to ensure results meet/exceed department practices and standards.
· Recognizes unique and/or problem situations within assigned area of responsibility, researches, and formulates solutions in conjunction with senior management.
· Evaluates staffing needs and makes recommendations to senior management.
· Supports recruitment of new staff members.
· Evaluates performance, provides constructive feedback, conducts coaching and training sessions.
· Utilizes and directs support staff with facilitation of administrative activities and servicing issues.
· Supports team in the accomplishment of assigned implementations, objectives and projects.
· Develops spirit of cooperation and understanding among staff.
· Maintains confidentiality of all members, fitness centers, client and proprietary information.
· Escalates issues to senior management as appropriate.
· Represents CTS at Key Process Team Meetings, subgroup meetings, and other cross team meetings.
· Travels as necessary to support client implementation and retention.
· Manages and provides high level service to assigned accounts to support client retention and meet/exceed client expectations.
· Acts as primary contact and client advocate on behalf of ASH with assigned clients and accounts.
· Serves as the source of knowledge regarding assigned client relationships and programs.
· Works autonomously to lead the implementation process and/or provide day to day service for complex programs.
· Accepts and/or returns phone calls from clients within the same business day of receipt, Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
· At a minimum, acknowledges receipt of emails from clients within 24 hours of receipt.
· Creates and distributes routine status reports and/or implementation work plans to internal and external clients.
· Keeps department executives abreast of issues related to assigned accounts on a routine basis.
· Communicates with department executive and members of the Executive Management Team on high level issues to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
· Seeks support from and provides client updates at Key Process Team (KPT) meetings as appropriate.
· Maintains timely and accurate documentation of client interactions, activities, processes and issue resolution; ensures meeting minutes and action items are prepared and documented within two days of a client meeting. Upon implementation of the CRM, tracks and documents client issues in the CRM.
· Establishes and maintains positives professional relationships with internal and external customers.
· Interfaces with ASH staff to resolve issues, answer questions and triage responses.
· Proactively engages internal customers and subject matter experts to effectively manage internal and external customer expectations.
· Routinely engages client contacts to provide proactive service and actively assess client status, concerns and expectations.
· Coordinates Performance Standard and/or Joint Operational Committee Meetings with clients and provides client support for operational trainings and delegation audits.
· Acts as a back-up for other Client Services Managers.
· Keeps abreast of ASH policies and procedures.
· Provides departmental support for maintaining key documents such as benefit breakdown grids, client readiness grid, upcoming implementation grid and files as well as participates in client and prospective client entertainment and assists with other functions and projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Manager or Manager II, Client Services at ASH, or 3-6 years’ experience in an equivalent position in a managed healthcare plan.
· Experience servicing managed health care plans (HMO, PPO, POS and related plans) required.
· Proficient in MS Office with experience in database management and spreadsheet creation and maintenance.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
· Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Able to travel within and outside of the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.