American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Sales Associate to join our team. This position will provide administrative support to the sales teams, manage regional conferences and supports our digital marketing and general marketing campaigns.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Healths events on our events page.
- Provides support to the Sales department.
- Coordinates offsite and onsite meetings between the Sales team and existing and prospective health plans, insurance companies, third party administrators, employer groups and consulting firms.
- Prepares, organizes and ships meeting materials such as agendas, presentations, proposals, binders and other documentation as requested by the Sales team.
- Organizes and maintains sales marketing materials to ensure they are updated and meet the needs of the sales team based on products being sold.
- Provides conference call and webinar coordination and support.
- Assists in booking travel, as needed.
- Assists in booking meetings, as needed.
- Assists in tracking and organizing industry conference and event information as needed.
- Supports seasonal client benefit fairs hosted by sales and other sales related events.
- Understands ASH products and services enough to assist in managing the sales inquiries inbox and forward leads to the appropriate sales representative
- Responds in a timely manner to support needs and provides assistance required by client or potential client, as determined by Sales team.
- Assist in maintaining the sales demo accounts for prospective client and consultant meetings
- Provides assistance with sales related projects and research as needed by the department including competitive research, health plan or healthcare research, database research and prospecting projects.
- Provides support to digital marketing team and assists in managing general marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate conference related campaigns by establishing basic campaign outlines with due dates.
- Follows up with Content and Design team to ensure creative deadlines are on schedule.
- Meet with Sales prior to campaign launches to gather Sales campaign background information and help set expectations for best execution.
- See campaigns through to completion and collect insights and improvements for future campaigns.
- Assist with contact database maintenance, lead tracking and reporting as needed.
- Assists with Sales marketing campaign related tasks, as needed.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum one year experience in customer service or administrative role.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel. PowerPoint a plus.
- Administrative experience a plus; Marketing experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Naturally curious mind with eagerness to learn.
- Strong technical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Ability to drive and travel by air as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.