Mail Tech II
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Mail Tech II to complete corporate processing requests, complex recruitments, fulfillment requests, and mail metering services. This position performs assigned automation job tickets using defined quality controls and ensures accuracy of the automated reconciliation validation. The Tech II will act as machine operator for high volume mail inserter with in line postal metering ensuring accurate postage is applied and mail meets USPS standards and corporate mailing standards. The Mail Tech II will also manage high capacity supply inventory ensuring adequate levels are maintained at all times.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Meet SLA's for processing automated mail following defined quality processes ensuring quality counts. Passes Audit at 100%.
- Clears jams and accurately sets up jobs according to type and entity.
- Keeps equipment in peak performance by performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Manages metering in line for all mailings insuring accurate postage is applied and meter is properly placed.
- Maintains a neat and well organized workspace. Equipment is kept clear, clean, and maintained.
- Completes daily CHIP, PRIMUS, Recruitments, and CD/DVD replication.
- Operates pallet lift and pallet jacks to accept and store inventory and supplies.
- Participates in Inventory cycle counts. Responsible to pass inventory audits.
- Backs up Mail Tech I duties.
- Supports manual mail assembly ensuring daily commitments are completed.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in high volume mailroom using high speed mail automation hardware required. Must be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to perform basic math skills required, adding/subtracting/multiplication.
- Minimum 1 year experience shipping using automated shipping software. Fed Ex Shipping experience preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of computer applications, including Excel.
- High capacity mail inserter operation or similar machine operation experience is required.
- Experience using manual pallet lift, pallet jacks, and other standard warehouse equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to execute detailed instructions and manage multiple exceptions to standard process independently.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process variance or production issues to ensure successful outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily mobile. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Ability to bend and move quickly from place to place. Pushing, lifting, reaching, and climbing required.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to climb stools and ladders. Ability to reach and lift 10 lbs. overhead. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move 100 lbs assisted.
Production setting with various obstacles. Noisy environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.