Sr Manager, Software Engineering Platforms
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineering Platforms Sr. Manager to work with our Information Technology Software (ITS) department. This position will supervise the software development teams responsible for the implementation and customization of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and cloud-based software platforms including Dynamics 365 CRM and Quadient Inspire platform. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
· Engineering Team Leadership.
· Provide line management and leadership of multiple engineering teams in an Agile environment.
· Interface with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand the business needs and provide input into strategic planning of new features and functions.
· Develop and support a technical roadmap for the platforms and ensure that technical work is addressed in each iteration alongside business asks.
· Maximize the investments in the platforms by increasing adoption in the company and simplifying development efforts to meet the business requirements.
· Supervise development staff and assist the individuals and team to grow as technical developers.
· Evaluate performance and prepare and deliver performance reviews.
· Assist the Product Owner in the Agile Scrum process in ensuring commitment by the team.
· Oversee performance and commitment of the team to ensure team success.
· Grow the team by attracting and hiring the best engineers.
· Forecast resourcing and staffing needs and effectively utilize all available resources.
· Partner with others to deliver mission critical software. This includes, but not limited to, Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Engineering Managers, QA Managers, UX/UI Managers, IT Operations, etc.
· Assist and guide scrum team in translating business requirements to actionable deliverables.
· In partnership with the Product Managers, identify new opportunities to utilize the platforms to solve business challenges.
· System Design.
· Assist in architecting, modeling, and development of the designs of new components.
· Maximize out-of-the-box functionality to increase return on investment and flexibility of solutions
· Work closely with the other engineering and product leadership departments to architect solid technical design and approach to software development in a large-scale environment.
· Contribute to documenting customizations and enhancements.
· Assist with designing and implementing user-acceptance tests.
· Assist in providing time estimates for quarterly planning and compare estimates to actual time spent to improve accuracy of estimations.
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience leading development teams.
· Experience with web development technologies: REST/SOAP, JSON, XML, HTML5, API Services.
· Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with Microsoft SQL.
· Experience supporting web-based CRM systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365.
· Experience with developing and consuming secure web services preferred.
· Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM SDK preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solutions management preferred.
· Experience with Scribe or other data integration tools preferred.
· Experience with omni-channel communications platform development (email, fax, paper) preferred.
· Proven management and leadership skills of technical and non-technical teams or groups of individuals.
· Maintain productivity in a changing environment.
· Problem solving, analytical, logic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Experience with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.) When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.