Writer/Editor - Marketing (Hybrid Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is seeking a Writer/Editor to join our fast-paced Marketing department, which operates as an in-house creative agency. Do you find joy in writing anything from bullet points to blog articles? Do your friends and family often ask you to proofread their work because you know the difference between an en dash and an em dash? Are you inspired by catchy subject lines and innovative marketing campaigns that drive growth? As Writer/Editor, you’ll be responsible for all of this and more as you create, edit, revise, update, proofread, and route our growing suite of marketing materials alongside our team of writers, editors, and content creators.
Hourly Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $26.70 to $28.84. Hourly Wage Range
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Writing and Proofreading: Coordinate the development, writing, and editing of marketing collateral and resources.
- This may include fliers, brochures, educational guides, emails, websites, blog articles, social media assets, paid ad assets, campaign assets, presentations, videos/scripts, and other internal and external marketing communications.
- Collaborate with designers and other marketing team members throughout the process from conceptualization to completion.
- Understand and execute brand messaging, tone, and voice across multiple health and fitness programs for numerous audiences including direct-to-consumer, B2B, and B2B2C.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure appropriate disclaimers, trademarks, and other required language are accurately included across materials.
- Project Management: Work closely with the project operations/traffic department to ensure timely turnarounds for all projects.
- Sales Support: Work with the Sales and Marketing departments to develop content for sales conferences and ongoing sales initiatives, which may include booth designs, landing pages, giveaways, and more.
- Corporate Communications and Events: Contribute and/or assist with content as needed for employee all-staff meetings and other corporate events.
- Customer Service: Communicate with internal and external clients while providing excellent customer service to meet or exceed expectations for each project request.
- Member Acquisition and Retention: May contribute to member testimonials and research, including interviewing, drafting content, and documenting findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, business, or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in writing, editing, and marketing content creation required. Experience with fliers, brochures, newsletters, social media posts, ads, emails, blogs, videos, and other marketing materials in both the digital and print space preferred.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office Suite and basic Internet skills required.
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with health care or fitness industry a plus.
- Creative agency experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate internally and externally (with teammates, other departments, clients, vendors, and others).
- Ability to adhere to established workflows and schedules in a highly collaborative environment while practicing efficient time management.
- Ability to understand or uncover the “why” behind each marketing project and apply strategic thinking to each task.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Minimal travel as needed to support conferences, trade shows, and educational seminars.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and external as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.