Financial Reporting Analyst
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to join our Finance department. This position will prepare and analyze financial statements for the purpose of meeting the Company’s external reporting requirements, under U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and internal management reporting packages. This position requires a financial professional who will take an active and contributive role in the Company’s financial reporting processes. This position also serves as a financial business partner to the Company’s operations teams and will be involved in the development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for various lines of business and operating departments. This multi-faceted role will interact with various cross functional business leaders to provide insightful analysis and business support.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Financial Reporting.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reporting packages and presentation materials (including Balance Sheet, Statement of Operations and Comprehensive Income, Statement of Shareholders Equity, and Statement of Cash Flows) for internal and external use.
- Prepares annual financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and/or Statutory Accounting Principles to support the Company’s annual audit process.
- Prepares quarterly Statutory Basis financial statements and other financial filings for the Company’s regulated subsidiaries.
- Assists in the preparation of regulatory comment letter responses.
- Assists in the preparation of the quarterly Board of Directors financial reporting package and presentation for the consolidated enterprise and subsidiary entities.
- Produces well organized, detailed documentation to support financial deliverables.
- Supports the Company’s annual audit process and other audits/examinations, as necessary.
- Builds and maintains financial reports in the Company’s financial reporting information system.
- Assists in the design, development and maintenance of automated financial reports and dashboards for internal management.
- Assists with research and documentation of the Company's position regarding technical accounting issues.
- Assists in preparation of other financial filings ensuring regulatory compliance as required.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Financial Analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of revenue/costs of services annual budgets and periodic forecasts for various lines of business, along with compensation and operating expense budgets/forecasts for the Company’s operating departments.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget/reforecast Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Consistently communicates across various functions and departments driving appropriate collaboration, coordination, analysis and timing of deliverables.
- Contributes to the preparation of materials for the budget presentation to the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial analysis packages for the Company’s operating departments budget versus actual results, providing department managers with insight and explanations of key variances and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes Profit & Loss (P&L) account balances and identifies necessary P&L adjustments in order to properly allocate and record expenses to appropriate cost centers.
- Monitors financial trends and budgeted revenues and expenditures to ensure fiscal responsibility and control are maintained.
- Develops and prepares integrated financial and operational dashboards and financial analysis for senior leadership, providing accurate and timely financial and operational recommendations.
- Proactively and creatively obtains data and knowledge needed for modeling and develops, maintains, and improves complex Excel based and/or other system based financial models.
- Heavy data management, audit and reconciliation of financial information and reporting as well as help to drive process improvements with IT and finance/accounting business partners.
- Establishes and maintains databases of pertinent information for analysis, and automated reporting tools.
- Prepares ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA, or CPA candidate, strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in financial reporting, planning, analysis, and/or auditing.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (is a plus), internal controls and financial reporting including disclosures.
- Public accounting experience required.
- Healthcare, insurance and/or managed care industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting information systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial modeling techniques.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Motivated, proactive and efficient worker with high standards for quality and meeting deadlines.
- Quick learner that is technically competent, analytical and methodical who takes full responsibility for all tasks assigned and sees them through to completion.
- Ability to develop, improve, document and follow processes.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.