Test Automation Engineer | Req#2847
ActioNet is looking for a Test Automation Engineer for Remote position.
Summary: As an Automated Test Engineer, you will identify acceptance criteria required by the business stakeholder, test environment and test readiness requirements, develop automated testing scripts, conduct testing activities using automated testing tools, and provide status of testing in the course of a 2-week Sprint cycle. You will be engaged with developing and executing test cases, verification of system capabilities and system enhancements or changes, script development, requirements verification, performance testing, regression testing, high availability testing, end user testing, system and software level integration troubleshooting, test plans, test reports, root-cause analysis, and security certification compliance testing. You will have the opportunity to perform backend data validation and interface operability verification, and to coordinate across project teams for information gathering and sharing required to perform testing activities.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
• Works closely with the application architects to develop a solid testing solution, working towards the future state of the application architecture that includes automated testing for continuous integration;
• Leads complex test automation efforts using Cucumber/Selenium and Java for large Agile software projects;
• Develops automated test scripts for new features based on acceptance criteria and user stories during each development Sprint;
• Develops, implements, documents, and monitors best practices for test automation developers across Scrum teams;
• Communicates automation goals, priorities, and status across the organization;
• Identifies innovative solutions to solve complex test problems;
• Assists in the training/mentoring of team members, including testers, developers, and business analysts;
• Partner with Agile Release Train to plan for new functionality, resolve defects, and incorporate error injection test methodologies;
• Provide input into improving the Automation test framework for the organization;
• Define automated test criteria to be used to determine which functionality should be automated;
• Develop automated test for all functionality that meets the specified automation criteria
• 3-5 years of direct experience with Selenium/Java/Cucumber in the last 8 years
• Strong ‘hands on’ experience developing software tests for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
• 2+ years’ experience with focus on Automation Testing using automation tools to include Java code integration
• 2+ years’ experience in Requirements Analysis, Functional, and Regression, testing
• 2+ years developing automated scripts where web services are utilized and test data may be mocked to accelerate testing cycles
• 2+ years’ experience with agile development (preferably SAFe), DevOps, Test Driven Development
• Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice, Tools and trends
• Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles, and software releases
• Experienced with defect management and tracking tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
• Agile team experience a plus
Education & Experience:
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.