Senior Global Product Marketing Manager
Open to candidates in either Vancouver, BC or San Jose, CA
Absolute is the leader in Endpoint Resilience™ solutions and the industry’s only undeletable defense platform, embedded in over a half-billion devices. Enabling a permanent digital tether between the endpoint and the enterprise who distributed it, Absolute provides IT and Security organizations with complete connectivity, visibility, and control, whether a device is on or off the corporate network, and empowers them with Self-Healing Endpoint® security to ensure mission-critical apps remain healthy and deliver intended value.
As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will play an active role in the global positioning of the Absolute’s products and services. The team works closely with other internal stakeholders, participating actively in defining product strategy, crafting product messaging, driving product releases, delivering proactive sales support, and generating competitive intelligence.
You will have a proven ability in the marketing of technology products and are able to articulate their inherent value in a manner that is relatable to customers and prospects alike. You are strategic, analytical, creative, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator, both verbally and written. A core focus of this role will be your ability to write effective and compelling product collateral that align with the Absolute brand and messaging.
- Ongoing support of all product messaging and collateral. You will leverage your strong writing skills to produce product and sales collateral to support the efforts of our sales teams and partners across all verticals
- Responsibility for the day-to-day product marketing requirements, which will require extremely strong organizational skills. You will need to be comfortable defining priorities in a hectic work environment where multiple requests must be fielded by various internal stakeholders
- Conceive and develop innovative programs to drive adoption of product features
- Develop value-based messaging to specific audiences and verticals
- Support the internal and external roll-out of new products and features
- Educate the sales teams and channel partners to ensure they understand the market, solution, use case scenarios, and differentiators, ensuring they are armed with the tools to sell new/existing products and features
- Analyze competitive and complementary markets/products to drive strategy and positioning, assisting sales in competitive scenarios
- Provide focused, market-driven feedback to the product management group on product and solution directions
- You will be an expert in understanding the IT/Security buyers, including how they buy and their buying criteria
- Support the team’s position as the “go-to” source within the company for all product marketing related topics and information
- Research industry trends and gain direct customer input to identify existing and potential markets for products and product concepts
- Prepare and propose product roadmap and market strategy to ensure short and long-term growth and continuity of portfolio
What You Will Need:
- 7+ years of B2B product marketing experience
- A university degree or diploma in marketing or equivalent experience
- Experience in B2B SaaS software product marketing or IT/Security software
- Experience as a product/technology writer (samples of writing may be requested)
- Demonstrated aptitude for product strategy and positioning
- Proven ability to launch products/services and manage new releases
- Excellent communication, critical / analytic thinking, relationship building (internal and external stakeholders), and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid priorities, managing multiple and complex priorities and initiatives
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits
- Able to thrive under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Able to work well within a team and independently
- Pragmatic Marketing certification is desirable
- May require up to 20% travel (when safe to do so)
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.