Deal Desk Associate
One Team | One Number
Absolute is looking for a stellar Deal Desk Associate to join our fast-growing commercial operations team in North America.
Preference will be given to candidates based in one of our major North American offices (Vancouver, BC, San Jose, CA, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA), but we will also consider remote candidates across North America.
Absolute is a global cyber-security technology company. We help organizations recover and resume normal operations in the face of security breaches. Absolute envisions a world where security and IT professionals always retain control over their devices and data. We’re the first and only company to offer uncompromised visibility and near real-time remediation of security breaches at the source.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Deal Desk Associate to join our organization. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs and excels at problem solving through critical analysis and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement. Importantly, the Deal Desk Associate will play a key operational role in the overall finance organization around deal approval, SLA management, scaling operations and infrastructure, and developing the Deal Desk Team to handle business globally.
- Provide senior leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditionals and operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for opportunities
- Be an expert on SFDC quoting tools, reviewing, and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting
- Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests that reach the level of Director, Deal Desk
- Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, revenue compliance, non-standard terms requests on strategic deals including Enterprise Agreements
- Partner with field sales organization to drive large deal closure, including being one-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales - Personally services as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support deal solutions
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning
- Responsible for adherence to and compliance with policy and procedures
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Play a key role as a member of the Commercial Operations team -- enabling employees to be autonomous and proactive in their roles, as well as understanding individualized career plans to work with employees on how Absolute can support their interests
- Excellent customer service, taking charge to meet deadlines by communicating with cross-functional partners through email, phone, meetings, or any other method to deliver on-time
- 3+ years experience (in a tech environment, in a Deal Desk/Finance/Sales Operation role)
- Experience and comfort with understanding critical contract terms and their overall impact on business
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Experience with data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
- Intermediate/advanced Salesforce and MS Excel skills are highly recommended
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- Excellent judgment, and be capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information
- A strong sense of ownership, willing to jump in and do whatever needs to be done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner, and a strong work ethic with a high degree of accountability and organization
- An open and curious mind about an evolving industry
- A sense of humor
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with the cyber-security industry and knowledge of associated sales regulatory issues
- History of working at high growth companies, particularly those involved in highly regulated industries, such as cyber-security, financial services, telecommunications, health care, etc.
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.