Contract Software Developer - UI, React/Redux
This role will be a 3-6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
We are looking for a talented React developer to join our UI Architecture team for a special project. This position will provide valuable experience in all aspects of front-end development, including React and Redux, internationalization, and much more.
You will work closely with our senior developers on a project to recreate views from our old Ember framework in our new React/Redux framework. This includes creating new React views and working with our extensive component library.
You must have a solid understanding of React and Redux, be a fast learner, and arrive every day with a “can do” attitude. Experience with other front-end frameworks is also an asset.
- Create React view components using our component library
- Implement mock-data in the views to make them functional
- Create unit tests for all items you create, using Enzyme and Jest
- Parse information from Ember MVC files
- Participate in all scrum team activities
- Work with all team members, supporting each other as needed
What You Need:
- Good communication skills
- Some professional experience using React beyond just school projects
- Experience working with modern CSS systems like Less, SASS and JSS
- Front-end experience with frameworks other than React is also an asset
Why Work For Us:
Absolute empowers more than 12,000 customers worldwide to protect devices, data, applications and users against theft or attack—both on and off the corporate network. With the industry’s only tamper-proof endpoint visibility and control solution, Absolute allows IT to enforce asset management, security hygiene, and data compliance for today’s remote digital workforces. Patented Absolute Persistence™ is embedded in the firmware of Dell, HP, Lenovo, and 22 other manufacturers’ devices for vendor-agnostic coverage, tamper-proof resilience, and ease of deployment.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.