Senior UI Developer
We are open to applicants in either San Jose, CA or Vancouver, BC.
Absolute Software is looking for an experienced and talented User Interface Designer and Developer with full stack web application development experience in a Linux/Unix environment. The candidate should have the ability to prototype, design and build a responsive web application using well known web development application frameworks.
- Prototype, model and design innovative and responsive user interface designs
- Analyze vast amounts of data and develop a new complex frontend to visualize and display raw as well as derived data in a multitude of ways
- Develop a fully functional web application that aligns with business objectives
- Define development practices and coding architecture that supports a secure, high performance, scalable and maintainable web application with optimal resource utilization
- Promote agile and strict test and validation practices
- Stay on top of latest technology trends, libraries and frameworks relevant to develop captivating user interfaces and data visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE
- 5+ years of professional web application development experience
- Hands-on expertise in MVC frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Hands-on expertise in client side UI frameworks such as BootStrap, AngularJS, ReactJS etc.
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch or Axure
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as d3, Protovis, HighCharts etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, Elastic Search and Kibana is essential
- Working knowledge of using RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience working in an agile development environment with local and remote teams
- Working knowledge of different data infrastructures: RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience identifying browser performance bottlenecks and optimizing render and interaction speed.
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes would be beneficial for the role
- Experience working in a Linux environment and using relevant tools for development and testing
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby or Java
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.