Account Executive, SLED (Ohio, Michigan and Indiana)
Open to candidates based remotely in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. Must be open to travel within the Great Lakes territory.
Working as part of Absolute’s award-winning Sales team, SLED Account Executives are primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers, relationship building with our partners, and meeting quarterly sales goals.
While the primary focus of the role is new account acquisition, SLED Account Executives may also be responsible for providing customer support to existing customers. SLED Account Executives will engage with existing customers to review overall account health, new product offerings, and consultation to help sustain and grow our footprint in these accounts.
Responsibilities Will Include:
Prospecting and Lead Conversion
- Data mine high potential accounts, identify key accounts & contacts to engage
- Follow up on all leads provided through marketing resources in a timely and effective manner. Develop & maintain a high lead conversion rate
- Maintain a high daily rate of outbound calling and email campaigns
- Continually expand your partner base and relationships to jointly find new opportunities
- Define the customers current IT situation, challenges and needs
- Present Absolute product web demos to prospects and existing customers as a solution to their needs
- Become a trusted advisor and product expert to all customers regarding endpoint security
- Share customer best practices and acquire customer references
- Attend onsite customer meetings and events where ROI is high for sales conversion
- Build out an expansive network of lasting relationships with partners in your territory
- Offer training through web virtual rooms and onsite visits
- Field partner sales calls to provide sales assistance and expertise
- Assist and provide SKUs and pricing as requested
- Maintain pipeline, ensuring an accurate forecast with daily updates
- Build and maintain an effective four quarter rolling 2-3x pipeline
- Maintain customer accounts and contact accuracy
- Document pertinent meetings, emails, phone calls and supporting customer data as appointments, activities and/or notes to ensure seamless customer support
- Build, review and execute on biannual territory plans
- Maintain and report accurate forecasting throughout any given quarter
- Reconcile quarterly revenue tracking with finances daily invoice summary
- Administer product upgrades and term extensions as requested
- Assist and implement customer onboarding
- Find, track and expand opportunities with existing customers
- Upsell Absolute product portfolio across customer base
Department Initiatives and Knowledge Transfer Activities:
- Complete training sessions offered; grow knowledge of Absolute products/services and internal systems and tools, including Salesforce.com
- Stay current in Marketing collateral and related product / service positioning
- Mentor, coach and assist in the onboarding of new hires
- Build and maintain successful lasting professional relationships with internal support teams
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based sales activity, and an absolute focus on new business, expansion and development
- Work cohesively with sales peers. Share best practices and initiate effective joint coverage model when necessary
- Minimum 8 years sales experience selling to SLED Accounts (State, Local and Education).
- Minimum 3 years selling enterprise security products and services.
- Experience working with PC manufacturers and their distribution sales forces and or with systems integrators and VARs
- A proven track record of quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- Experience in closing large deals with structured sales methodology (Force Management, or similar).
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-motivated, independent thinker that can move deals through the selling cycle
- Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Competitive, Self-starter, Hunter-type mentality.
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.