Principal Software Engineer – Platform
Do you want to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control? Absolute is seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to build next generation platform features that support the Absolute cloud platform strategy. As a senior member of the platform team you will have the opportunity to drive productivity and quality improvements for the feature teams through tooling, development of common libraries and frameworks, and publishing standards for development, integration, and core observability principles.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Design and develop complex platform components with a team of senior engineers
- Contribute to the evolution of the infrastructure and technology architecture, combining technology selection and operational expertise to ensure product excellence, resiliency, security, and development efficiency
- Automate testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Author software architecture and design documents
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
- Participate in peer reviews
- Collaborate with local and remote co-workers, mentor and coach
- Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
- Work with your scrum teams to continuously improve
What You Will Need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- 7+ years of Java EE development
- 7+ years of working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA framework
- 7+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL)
- 4+ years with Message Orientated Middleware
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, Microservice architecture and multi-threaded application development
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube) and best practices
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial – so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.