Join Absolute’s Cloud Engineering team and be part of our new core observability and cloud initiatives. Our team is building the foundation for the next generation of the company services on top of Kubernetes. This is a global high throughput set of services that process data for hundreds of millions of devices per day. Be part of architecting the core application stack for throughput and resilience at Absolute.
Do you have a passion for our core mission:
- Drive observability and resilient service engineering across the organization. Be instrumental and a guiding force for metrics, logging and tracing.
- Solve challenges of scalability and efficiency at scale in cloud environments.
- Automate all the things! Be passionate about automation, from infrastructure-as-code through to continuous integration and deployments
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Design and implement application deployment and configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management;
- Execute deployments and upgrades on-going releases of the Absolute product components in development and QA environments;
- Create and maintain deployment and system automation scripts;
- Administer and maintain development and QA servers/environments in Windows and Linux;
- Provide technical support and assist developers and testers in product development testing.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in a scalable development environment;
- Applied scripting skills and experience (Ansible, Bash, Groovy, Python, Powershell)
- Hands-on technical experience in Kubernetes orchestration is required;
- Hands-on technical experience in Ansible, Git, and Jenkins is required;
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, AWS is a plus;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Powershell or Puppet is a plus;
- Experience with systems and IT operations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to self-organize and work effectively within a small team;
- Proactive attitude, commitment to quality, and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done well;
- A degree or diploma in IT, computer science or related discipline;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment;
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.