Chief Information Officer
Open to candidates based in Remote US or Remote Canada(remote, in office or hybrid status is available).
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) leads the development of the internal technology strategy for the organization and is the lead advisor to the business globally on all matters relating to the interface between the technology department and the rest of the business. The role has dual focus on identifying and leading internal business implementations of technology in addition to being a power user and champion of the Absolute product. Reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer, this role has direct reports of IT, Business Applications, and Technical Security Management.
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and overseeing the overall use of information technologies across the company
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure the IT department runs smoothly and effectively
- Direct and establish IT-related projects designed to optimize employee effectiveness and achievement of overall company goals
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the company can improve and develop
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and deploy company-wide IT and security policies, standards, procedures and training as well as monitoring compliance with policies.
- Auditing existing IT infrastructure and assessing for any security risks
- Continuously assessing security vulnerabilities, assessing risks and implementing prevention measures and mitigating controls.
- Developing policies around security incidents and creating an Emergency Response Team to act as and when a security breach is looming or has happened.
- Maintaining a disaster recovery plan to enable business continuity post either a physical or cyber incident.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
- Prepare operating and capital budgets and forecasts; manage the department in line with those budgets
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Optimize the internal deployment of Absolute software, rapidly deploy and version updates, and provide continual feedback to the Product organization around product defects and user experience
- Partner with the Sales organization to meet with customers and sales prospects in the role of product evangelist
- Attend and present at industry events to promote the Absolute solution and brand
- Other duties as assigned
- 15 years technology experience with at least 5 years in senior executive role in a combination of IT, information security, and risk management roles.
- Solid business knowledge that ties the technology vision to Absolute’s mission, performance and financial goals
- Degree(s) in from an accredited institution or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast-changing dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Experience with international operations.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop achievable and inspiring technology objectives and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to focus organizations on these objectives and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with non-technology oriented employees, customers, partners and the media.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends.
- Professional security management certification
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, SOC-2, and FedRAMP.
- Must have significant experience in:
- Large and small program and project planning.
- Requirements analysis.
- Development of scalable, distributed systems.
- Development of applications for the global market.
- Knowledge of multiple platforms
- Software quality management.
- Mentoring senior technical personnel.
- Must have a good understanding of:
- Software as a service.
- BIOS, EFI and other firmware technologies.
- The pre-boot environment on the PC and Mac.
- Development of Mac applications.
- Development of mobile applications.
- The security software market, including, encryption technologies.
- Internet security technologies.
- Wireless technologies.
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era. So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.