Intermediate Software Developer - Java
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, specializing in Java Middle Tier development, to join one of our scrum teams in Vancouver.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and shape the future of our flagship product – Absolute 7. You will work as part of a scrum team, participating in planning and executing sprints. You will contribute to design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help to improve the overall quality of our code base.
If you are a fast learner, a team player, and consistently deliver on your commitments, you will feel right at home on this team.
- The design and development of new features.
- Active participation in our scrum team, planning and executing sprints.
- Collaborating with other teams to build the right product, right.
What you will need
- 4+ years of software development experience in a professional capacity.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of major frameworks such as Spring.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful end points.
- Experience designing Mongo documents, writing aggregation queries, etc.
- A passion for unit testing.
- Familiarity with Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK.
- Excellent technical and personal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with the scrum development process.
Why Work For Us
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer