As a Technical Consultant at Absolute, you will be required to demonstrate expertise in Asset and Security Management solutions. You will also play an integral role helping Absolute customers in the successful deployment, configuration, integration and use of Absolute products.
Assisting with Absolute customer projects, performing the following kinds of technical tasks:
- Installation and configuration of customer Absolute SaaS deployments
- Troubleshooting of endpoint agents, ensuring software activation and connectivity
- Full endpoint lifecycle workflow consulting from imaging through disposal.
- Work closely with customer IT and security operations teams to ensure successful use and broad adoption of the Absolute solution.
- Assist customer teams through periodic staff training and capability reviews.
- Work closely with sales, product development and technical support to communicate and escalate issues to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Project management of customer change control initiatives related to Absolute.
- Project quality assurance, status review and time reporting.
- Advise customers on Absolute best practices and feature usage, approaches and technical tasks.
- Developing and delivering customer, partner and internal training, and materials development
You will contribute to Absolute’s corporate knowledge and best practices by:
- Working closely with technical support and product teams to ensure issues and enhancement requests are tracked and resolved.
- Helping to capture best practices, either in Professional Services documents, Technical Support knowledge base items or shared materials
- Helping to develop best practices and documentation, whether procedural (e.g. Asset Management) or technical (e.g. installation) providing content to the documentation team
- Consulting with customers on IT practices as part of an Absolute PS project
You will assist PS management with internal activities or programs, such as:
- Delivery templates and work breakdown structure (WBS) development
- Intellectual property development
- Scope estimation for custom project.
- Project solution architecture documentation
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Absolute’s SaaS solutions preferred
- Prior technical account management or professional services delivery required.
- Experience with software deployment technologies, networks and databases required
- IT change management, security operations and asset management experience preferred.
- Customer-facing consulting experience is highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience in the Installation and operation of Absolute’ technology preferred (will be trained)
- General IT management experience in Windows, Active Directory, macOS and related platforms required
- Familiarity with software development and PowerShell scripting a plus
- Experience with IT services, service management and project lifecycle.
- Experience with IT security standards around SIEM, SSO and ServiceNow/Helpdesk systems highly desired.
- Excellent customer-facing skills required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time post COVID-19
- Formal technical training expected, especially in areas of endpoint, network, and security administration
- BS Engineering, computer science or technology highly desired
- University degree or equivalent experience required
Certifications (Highly desired):
- General IT related certifications: CompTIA, MCA, MTA, MCSC
Why Work For Us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.