Lead Software Engineer - Hybris
Rodan + Fields is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to be part of the Engineering team. In this role you will design, architect and build our Commerce Platform, Hybris. This role requires a thorough understanding of commerce systems, development skills, and the Hybris platform.
You will help define and drive architecture, develop coding standards, drive technical change and inform long term technical strategy.
- Responsible for owning entire pieces of the platform, from design to end-to-end implementation, making technical decisions that lead to successful delivery.
- Provide technical guidance, and mentorship, to team members.
- Accountable for the development of the Commerce platform.
- Implement the solution architecture that supports the business objectives.
- Work closely with other engineers, database, UI design, and cross function teams to build scalable and flexible solutions.
- Understand requirements, ask questions, clearly articulate options and solutions, communicate pros and cons and participate in the decision making process related to the solution architecture.
- Help identify and determine solutions to obstacles during the development process.
- Represent the group in cross-functional team meetings for defining new requirements or resolving business issues as needed.
- Maintain product technical knowledge.
- Work with other technical leads and architects to design and implement high availability, high performance systems in support of the company’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with Product Management, Project Management and the Development team to deliver sprints/releases on time that meet or exceed documented requirements and expectations.
- Be an active participant in defining and overseeing overall development governance and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or information technology.
- 8+ years of full-stack eCommerce development experience.
- Strong knowledge of core Java, OOP concepts, data structures and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of databases, REST APIs, and web-based applications in general.
- Self-driven, passionate leader and evangelist with expertise and experience of delivering full life cycle of architecture & engineering centered projects.
- Experience working with multiple levels of skillsets both internally and externally.
- Experience in communicating and driving technology solutions that support business objectives.
- Ability to work effectively and manage partnerships with all areas and members of the business as well as all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in development application and platform components based on SOA architecture.
- Stay apprised of innovations in the industry and make recommendations on their applicability.
- Experience and passion to organize a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Experience with cloud enabled service / applications.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.