Enterprise Architect - Remote US
R+F is an industry leading skin care company whose motto is “Life Changing Skin Care”. Our field of consultants influence and enhance lives daily. In 10 years, we’ve managed to grow our business to almost $2B annually in sales and expand within 2 countries. With rapid growth has come some tradeoffs in our technology ecosystem and we need great people to transition R+F to a mature, stable and growth sustainable technology ecosystem.
If you’d like to work without the long commute, our 2 SF Bay Area offices are in San Francisco, blocks from Embarcadero and BART and, our San Ramon office is in a beautiful setting in Bishop Ranch next to the new City Central shopping center. We also have an emergent hybrid work scenario which promotes remote work!
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect who can help mature our technology discipline whilst simultaneously working with solution architects to help drive our critical programs and projects. It’s a rare opportunity to be on the ground floor of a growing company which desires maturity balanced with the ability to be agile and pivot quickly when business requires. Here at R+F we believe Enterprise Architecture is not a static organizational construct or operates as an Ivory Tower. Instead EA is an agile construct that aligns itself to the maturity of the organization, and which shapes our priorities. Our EA is actively engaged with our business and transitioning to an operating model that isn’t governance focused but instead works collaboratively to shape our technology ecosystem and trajectory and align programs to the target state.
Our ideal candidate has worked up through the ranks, typically as a programmer/DB admin/SysOps – solution/data architect to Enterprise Architect. We need solid technology acumen combined with the ability to design, formulate and effectively articulate our technology strategy and vision. Good social and communication skills are essential, no wallflowers needed. However, you do need to have tactfulness and ability to influence collaboratively without creating unnecessary friction. It’s a challenging role, but you’ll have the authority and organizational backing to help us mature our practice and our technology ecosystem.
- Participate in and help lead strategic vision of the enterprise through the integration of IT architecture solutions, complex design patterns, technical strategy, and roadmaps
- Develops company architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the planning aligns with the strategic needs of the company
- Collaborate and work with Solution Architects to develop complex solutions that support our business model
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Lead Solution Architects to provide effective consulting on complex projects including fit for purpose and technical evaluations
- Update and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables.
- Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years experience preferably working across multiple IT disciplines with a background in software development, database management and/or design and some experience as a solution architect. Also need a conceptual or fundamental understanding of:
- Data and Analytics
- General security principles
- Networking technologies/Infrastructure/Cloud
- ITAM, ITIL, Lean
- Architecture Patterns and Design
- Ideally a background in Cloud technologies, particularly Google Cloud is desirable
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.