Guest Services Representative for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center Services is seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented individual to join the team at the Amazon Spheres!
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. The Guest Services Representative is often the first contact with Amazon employees and external visitors via email and in person. The Guest Services Representative is responsible for greeting and checking in visitors, managing customer reservations and providing a positive experience through each interaction. In addition to greeting visitors, this position manages visitor and loaner badges, public Saturday reservations, provides information and resources, and assists with special projects and events. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday and 10:00 am to 8:00 pm on select Saturdays. Schedules may vary due to operating hours.
Location: Amazon Spheres (South Lake Union)
Schedule: Full Time ; schedule varies
Wage: $19.50 per hour
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the opening and closing of the Spheres front desk making sure the lobby and desk are clean and organized.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Provide a 5-star first impression for every visitor and email response.
- Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres. Issue loaner badges according to the specified operating procedure, as requested.
- Monitor and manage reservations for public access to the Spheres through Amazon’s reservation management system.
- Respond to Amazon employee email to “Spheres-Reception” within 30 minutes of receipt providing an answer or informing the employee that the request is being addressed.
- Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors in a professional and polite manner.
- Manage the “Visit Spheres” email inbox and ensure all emails are responded to as soon as possible with a maximum response time of one business day.
- Support events taking place in the Spheres by pre-registering guests, assisting with visitor check-in, and providing ticketed coat check as requested.
- Maintain appropriate levels of reception forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and communicate to the supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Facilitate communication between event requestors, the events team and key vendor staff, as necessary.
- Be prepared to offer guidance about places to eat and other landmarks to visit within the greater Seattle area.
- Track appropriate metrics as directed by a supervisor, manager, or director.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers using provided radios, instant messaging software and email.
- Immediately communicate escalations to supervisor and call security for assistance, if necessary.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions to maintain current information on the Spheres, Understory and Amazon-related topics and events.
- Arrive in Guest Services Representative uniform. Launder as necessary to ensure a professional appearance.
- Immediately report any suspicious persons, calls and packages to Amazon Corporate Security, NWC supervisors and Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities.
- Create trouble tickets for facility issues brought to your attention.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-year customer service, call center, reception, event staffing, or administrative support experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while always remaining professional and friendly.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management.
- High energy, detail-oriented, and a reliable individual.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with the community.
- Flexibility to work various shifts during operating hours.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends during operating hours.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Windows, Excel and Outlook e-mail.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary in order to maximize the plant life in the space.
- The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- The position requires sitting for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening in person and through electronic devices.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life so any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.