Feeding Therapist - Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist
We are seeking a Part-Time Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in infant feeding to join our Northwest Center early intervention hospital-to-home team. This position primarily provides evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to infants who have feeding difficulties who may have experienced a hospitalization.
Northwest Center’s early intervention team are a dedicated, skilled, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary group serving a diverse caseload of children aged birth to three in their homes, childcares, and community settings. Using a strength based coaching model, we build family capacity through information sharing, modeling and reflection.
Location: Home visits in Seattle
Schedule: Monday through Friday, Part Time Schedule
The experience/education you will need:
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Washington State Speech-Language Pathology License
- Certification of Clinical Competence with ASHA
- Two (2) years' experience working in infant feeding or internship/ fellowship in the NICU
- Must have valid WA State Driver's license, own vehicle, car insurance, and a clean 5-year driving record
We support professional development, financially and with time, and are committed to our staff reaching their full potential. Our unique funding model supports innovation on our team and early intervention programming has been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate programming based on family/child needs. Examples of these programs are our autism team, feeding team, hospital-to-home team, child welfare team, and parent programming.
You will work alongside a team of people with years of experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective consultation. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
What we can offer you:
- Hourly position (hourly for part time schedule) including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Health and Wellness benefits including: Employee Assistance Program and subsidized gym membership.
- Reflective Consultation
- Innovative and highly collaborative team
- Mileage and DOH License Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Autonomous scheduling
- Supportive managementand collaborate team
- Opportunities to supervise graduate students
- Opportunities to support changes in systems
- Substantial continuing education opportunities
- Multidisciplinary team
- Opportunities to network and present
- Childcare discount after 1 year of working
- Dedication to best practice in early intervention
- Progressive approach to early intervention
- Close knit community within county
Who we are:
Northwest Center was founded in 1965 by parents who refused to institutionalize their children with developmental disabilities or accept the prevailing notion that their children couldn't be taught. Our founders authored and won approval of civil rights legislation that opened the doors of Washington State schools to children with disabilities. Banding together to form Northwest Center, they hired their own teachers to develop education programs targeted to special needs children. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways.
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early childhood education, and after school programs. We work with children of all abilities!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.