Feeding Therapist - OT/PT/SLP
We are seeking a licensed Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, OR Speech Language Pathologist with feeding therapy experience to join our Northwest Center Early Intervention Team!
We are a highly skilled, dedicated, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse caseload of children aged birth to three. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to children, aged 12-months to three-years old, who have feeding difficulties, delays or disorders in adaptive, cognitive, communication, or motor development. This team member would focus on supporting families and children experiencing challenges with feeding and mealtimes.
Location: Based in South Park, traveling throughout King County
Schedule: Monday through Friday, Full or Part Time Schedule (24 hr minimum)
Wage: DOE + Excellent Benefits for Full Time Employees
We serve children in their homes, childcares, and community settings. Using a strength based coaching model, we build family capacity through information sharing, modeling and reflection. We support professional development, financially and with time, and are committed to our staff to reaching their full potential. Early intervention programming has been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. Examples of these programs are our autism team, feeding team, hospital-to-home team, child welfare team, and parent programming. Northwest Center’s unique social enterprise model gives support to innovative work.
You’ll work alongside a team of people with decades of experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
What we can offer you:
- Salaried position (hourly for part time schedule) including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Health and Wellness benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and subsidized gym membership.
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Reflective Supervision
- Innovative and highly collaborative team
- Opportunities to lead programs, get involved in research, and participate on specialty teams
- Mileage and DOH License Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Washington State Speech-Language Pathology/Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy License
- Licensed in the state of WA
- Two (2) years' experience working in pediatric feeding with children at least 12 months or older
- Experience working with children who are tube fed and/or weaning from feeding tube preferred
- Must have valid WA State Driver's license, own vehicle, car insurance, and a clean 5 year driving record
Who we are:
Northwest Center was founded in 1965 by parents who refused to institutionalize their children with developmental disabilities or accept the prevailing notion that their children couldn't be taught. Our founders authored and won approval of civil rights legislation that opened the doors of Washington State schools to children with disabilities. Banding together to form Northwest Center, they hired their own teachers to develop education programs targeted to special needs children. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways.
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early childhood education, and after school programs. We work with children of all abilities!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.