We are currently on the search for an accomplished accounting manager to join our team!
As an Accounting Manager, you will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, you will be interacting with business operation managers of a diverse set of businesses within the Northwest Center family by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Location: Seattle, WA (South Park)
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: $95,000.00 + DOE annual salary
- 5 years of experience as an Accounting Manager.
- Hands-on accounting and accounting management experience.
- Accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
- Extensive experience working within a tier 2 accounting system.
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with MS Office; Expert with entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Dynamics GP experience preferred but not required.
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE; PLEASE INCLUDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS**
Essential Functions (but not limited to) for this role:
- Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy.
- Oversee accounting daily operations.
- Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data.
- Set up systems to calculate and monitor accounting KPIs.
- Prepare, support, and present KPIs to stakeholders.
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Encourage other employees to adhere to standards.
- Partner with internal Talent Acquisition team to hire new employees.
- Train new employees.
- Support and oversee annual audits.
- Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
- Expert level excel experience required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA a plus.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion -- we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.