Spheres Ambassador for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. As a Spheres Ambassador you will be a key component to providing a memorable experience for all guests and employees that visit the space. The primary objective of this position is to provide a 5-star customer experience for all visitors to the Spheres and Understory through proactive engagement with each guest. Our focus is offering a one-of-a-kind experience through engaging visitors and answering questions while helping maintain the integrity of the space.
Schedule: Full-Time - Must be available to work a flexible schedule and work hours of operation to include weekends. Hours of operation are 9:00am-6:30pm Monday- Friday, and 10:00am-6:30pm on select Saturdays. Schedules may vary due to operating hours.
Wage: $19.50 per hour
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, while always-remaining professional and friendly.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interconnect with employees and the community.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility and respect in all relationships with peers and staff.
- Demonstrates impeccable composure and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual events.
- Possess strong conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- 1-year customer service in a museum, theme park or high profile venue preferred.
- Facilitate the opening and closing of the Spheres, providing oversight of the space and ensuring it is clean, organized and customer-ready at all times.
- Anticipate guest and visitor needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner and ensure all standard operating policies and procedures are followed.
- Execute operational assignments during scheduled shifts while actively engaging with visitors and answering questions as necessary.
- Provide a positive experience through engagement, information sharing and appropriate conversation.
- Maintain situational awareness and close observation of each visitor and proactively offer assistance as necessary for a successful visit.
- Acquire and maintain relevant knowledge of the plant life in the Spheres highlighting unique plants in the space. Be prepared to offer insight and speak to the concept, timeline and design of the Spheres.
- Assist at the front desk during special events, high-traffic periods, or on an as-needed basis. Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres.
- Rove assigned locations to ensure all building, safety and visitor policies are followed.
- Track appropriate metrics as directed by a supervisor, manager, or director.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers using provided radios, instant messaging software and email.
- Assist with special events and projects, as requested by NWC leadership.
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary in order to maximize the plant life in the space.
- The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- Ability to speak to visitors, staff and colleagues for the duration of each shift.
- The position requires standing for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Walking up and down stairs is required when roving the space and assisting customers.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life so any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
Who We Are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.