Pediatric Physical Therapist - Early Intervention
We have a great opportunity to join Northwest Center’s Early Intervention Program. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive team, making a difference in the lives of families and their young children aged 0-3 years. We have an interesting business model that gives us latitude for innovation, cross training, a variety of specialist programs and career development.
Pediatric Physical Therapist:
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a full or part-time Pediatric Physical Therapist. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic and consultative services to children, birth-to-three years old, who have delays or disorders in motor, feeding and sensory development. We serve children in their homes, childcares, and community settings. Using a strength based coaching model, we build family capacity through information sharing, modeling and reflection.
At Northwest Center Kids, you’ll work alongside a team of people, including OTs, PTs, SLPs, educators and dietitians with extensive experience in the field. You will have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge and develop programming. You will receive regular reflective supervision, and training in infant mental health and equity, as these are the foundations of our program. Your professional development will be fully supported as we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Who we are:
Since 1965, Northwest Center has been a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways. Our Northwest Center Kids department includes Early Intervention, inclusive Early Childhood Education, and after school programs. We work with children of all abilities.
What we can offer you:
- Salaried position including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Full or Part-Time schedules considered
- Health and Wellness benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and subsidized gym membership.
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Reflective Supervision
- Innovative and highly collaborative team
- Opportunities to lead programs, get involved in research, and participate on specialty teams
- Mileage and DOH License Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Master’s degree, DPT or equivalent
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Washington One year experience working in pediatrics or field work that includes a pediatric affiliation. Early Intervention experience or experience including pediatric clients birth-to-three is preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain within 6 month of employment.
- Personal vehicle with automobile insurance that meets state minimum insurance requirements.
- WA driver’s license is required
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.