Northwest Center's Big Blue Truck division is in search of an experienced Operations Manager to lead our workforce to accomplish the tasks associated in providing extraordinary services to our customers. This is a hands-on position that oversees the logistical operations of the entirety of the Big Blue Truck community donation business. This position plays a key role in ensuring the daily delivery and pick-up of donations across Washington State meeting revenue goals while maintaining excellence in the service we provide.
Location: SeaTac, Washington
Schedule: Full Time
Wage: Salary DOE
*To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter with salary expectations*
- A minimum of 5 years management experience
- Reliable transportation and ability to pass Motor Vehicle Report
- Experience with analytical skills to effectively evaluate expenses and programs
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in fleet environment, including residential routes (Smith System Driving Experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability and experience to contain operational costs while meeting revenue
- Experience in successfully resolving complex personnel issues
- Ability to be flexible in schedule to meet operational needs and be on-call during off-hours and weekends to ensure services are effective set forth by the operational plan.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Examples of duties:
- Prepares annual department goals and objectives including the scope efficiency and net contribution from operations, budget preparation, and forecasting as directed by the Senior Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll directs and cost control in payroll
- Tracks and manages current team labor, mileage, and vehicle maintenance costs in accordance with the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Serves as primary liaison between Northwest Center donors and customer/buyer of donated goods/products
- Oversees service delivery within Washington State customer locations
- Performs customer relationship management to deliver value-add creative solutions to the customer on a timely, cost-effective and high-quality basis
- Ensure the BBT operational team has the support, staff and resources to ensure the day-to-day schedule is planned from start to finish according to route optimization, donor expectation and customer supply needs
- Hire, develop and lead a team of BBT Drivers and Donation Station Attendants to represent the highest level of quality for our customers and donors with ongoing training
- Ability to articulate understanding of Equity and Diversity especially related to hiring, training, promotions and staff changes which can be improved through increased equity perspective
- Ensures all accidents are properly reviewed with the driving staff and the follow-up training is documented and received
- Responsible for the overall Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act compliance for all operations staff. This include vehicle safety, driver hours, driver records, drug testing and etc
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion -- we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.