Do you want to be a part of the leading organization that promotes the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities? At Northwest Center (NWC) we do this through creating opportunities for education, rehabilitation and employment. NWC seeks to create and support an inclusive community where all people can fully participate by learning and working together. We envision a day when all people have the same opportunities to grow, contribute to our society and enjoy a fulfilling life.
Position: Philanthropy Manager
Salary: $75,000+ per year DOE
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Philanthropy Manager (PM) will possess unwavering belief in society’s innate human potential and the means to open the eyes of people, donors, communities, partners and media to the limitless power of inclusion.
Northwest Center’s services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early childhood education, and after school programs. Services for adults include supported employment, job training and placement. Our unique social enterprise model allows our programs to thrive through a sustainable combination of philanthropy, profits from our own inclusive businesses, donations collected by The Big Blue Truck™ and program revenue.
The PM has responsibilities for the financial and strategic objectives of the philanthropy plan, philanthropy budgets, sets up processes and tracks return on investment.
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising, executive management experience at a foundation, and/or sales management experiences.
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to engage at executive levels across industries, nonprofits, and governments.
- Knowledge of legislative process and understanding of regulations related to philanthropy.
- Passionate about Northwest Center’s vision and mission.
- Lead by example and capable of dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BA minimum. Significant experience and success can substitute.
- Experience in managing people and budgets effectively, financial reporting, and capable of setting up effective metrics and external business processes.
- Knowledge of CRM principles.
- Can-do attitude that is never afraid to pitch in on departmental tasks no matter the size.
Essential Job Duties (this is not intended to be an all inclusive list but rather an example):
- Participation in creation of annual philanthropy budget, action plan, long-range fundraising goals, and metrics.
- Work with CDO, CEO, and members from Northwest Center’s Board of Directors to develop and execute on philanthropy plans.
- In coordination with the marketing department. Personally develop fundraising materials and donor communications along with managing external vendors.
- Identify grants and contribution opportunities, co-create and support solicitation letters and proposals to drive them through implementation.
- Collaborate with Finance team on a regular basis for revenue and expenses and monthly reporting.
- Own and manage our donor database, optimize usage and reporting through Raiser’s Edge.
- Including donor acknowledgement
- Internal department lead for CRM implementation of Microsoft Dynamix.
- Lead and manage events major fundraising events: fundraising, budgeting, logistics, etc.
- Manage vendors and department coordinator.
To be considered for this role please include a cover letter that states your salary expectations along with a full resume.