Public Health Nurse Consultant - Part Time
Northwest Center has an exciting new opportunity on our IMPACT and Early Intervention teams! We are looking for a dedicated Part Time Public Health Nurse Consultant to join our Kids' team. As a Public Health Nurse, you will promote the health, safety, and emotional well-being of the children and families we serve. If you want to make a different in the community, we want to hear from you!
Location: Based in South Park and Renton, traveling throughout King County
Schedule: Part Time, schedule varies Monday through Friday
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Washington State
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited National League of Nursing (NLN)university or equivalent
- Experience working with children 0-6 years old
- Experience in child care health consulting or school nursing, and public health preferred
- Experience in early intervention preferred
- Provides consultative services in a variety of settings; including child care centers; home visits; and other community settings.
- Provides support and care coordination to families who need access to additional community resources.
- Provides support to families and child care providers on the use of medical devices and equipment; assists in reviewing and implementing care plans; and provides assistance in the development of policies to promote the health and safety of children.
- Assists with assessments and screenings, and makes appropriate recommendations to families and providers, as well as referrals to community resources and services.
- Provides training and consultation to child care and early learning providers on a variety of health and safety topics for children.
- Plans, organizes and presents educational workshops on a variety of topics for staff, families and the community.
- Conducts health, safety and environmental assessments of child care facilities.
- Prepares and administers screenings, assessments, summary reports, data management and other documentation as necessary to maintain complete records, in alignment with Northwest Center Kids and King County requirements.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.