Physician Assistant (Primary Care) - Roxboro, NC
Roxboro Family Medicine & Immediate Care is currently seeking to add a Physician Assistant to our team to begin on a part-time basis.
Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. As a member of the provider staff, he/she is expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the practice and work collaboratively to achieve them. Must be cognizant of, and comply with, all policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required:
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, and studying medical histories and recording progress notes.
- Evaluate patients and direct treatment coordination of care.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with North Carolina statutes and professional practice guidelines.
- Preventative care, education and health maintenance to patients.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at the clinic.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests, x-rays.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- Participate in clinical quality initiatives to improve the health of patients.
- Practice using evidence based guidelines for patient care.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Hold a current PA or NP license in the state of North Carolina.
- Hold and maintain certification with NCCPA/AANP/ANCC
- Insurability (malpractice)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (BLS and ACLS)
- Experience with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model