Administrative Assistant in Pathology - Louisville, Kentucky
Associates in Dermatology, PLLC (AID) is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed dermatologists in the Louisville area who have combined resources in order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and treat a variety of skins conditions.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant - Pathology candidate that displays excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization to join our team within one of several local offices.
Position Summary: The Pathology Assistant will provide administrative help to the Pathologist as it relates to specimens and slides.
Essential Functions Summary:
- Distribute slides to Pathologist
- Transcribe dictation and input diagnoses into path reports
- Code reports with appropriate CPT/ICD10 data
- Troubleshooting and resolve inquiries from both outside and inside clients
- Send cases out for consultation, immunohistochemical stains, genetic testing, etc. as requested by pathologist, inside clinician or outside clinician
- Input patient specimen requisitions
- Prepare specimens for grossing
- Transcribe grosser dictation
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Previous transcription experience
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess a clear understanding of prioritization of tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have experience with data entry and computers
- Problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter/ independent worker; works with minimal supervision
- Familiar with CPT/ICD10 coding
Position will report directly to CAO.
Minimum 1 year working in like environment ( pathology transcription)
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other office staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other medical staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Typical conditions of office environment. During initial phases of training, stress levels may exceed normal levels as new skills are learned and new information is assimilated
Interested? Apply online today!