Patient Care Navigator - Knoxville, Tennessee
StatCare is one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation located in Knoxville, Tennessee. We are currently seeking a well qualified Patient Navigator to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
General Summary of Duties
Serves as administrative representative to StatCare physicians and mid-levels. Provides administrative assistance in the improvement and maintenance of established quality indicators and operations initiatives. Seeks to improve patient satisfaction by interfacing with patients, case managers, physicians, and hospital administration.
Reports to the StatCare Inpatient Performance Manager or designated administrative manager.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires prolonged sitting, some standing, bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard (for extended periods of time), photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions
Hospital based, with potential exposure to certain disease and hazards. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a hospital environment. Must be available to travel during regular business hours through the work week. May include occasional evening, weekend and early morning work hours.
FLSA STATUS - Non-ExemptEXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
1. Administrative support / assistant to the Statcare Navigators.
- Communicate daily with StatCare Navigator Liaison
- Keep log of all rapid (TCM) follow-up patients, log key element data such as (name, DOB, referral date, appointment date, and insurance information).
- Interact with patient and family members, schedule all rapid (TCM) follow-up appointments, identify transportation need, home medications, etc.
- Provide patients with new patient packets.
- Make well-check calls on patients referred to rapid (TCM) follow-up clinic, and discharged from the hospital, confirming appointment.
- Carry the StatCare hot pager at designated facility.
2. Facilitates training staff in all appropriate job functions.
3. Assists staff with questions / obstacles in performance of team priorities.
4. Supports opportunities and implements creative action to maximize team performance.
5. Attends / participates in meetings and appropriate hospital committee meetings upon request.
6. Supports process improvements to improve hospital deliverables.
7. Assists patients with the questions or concerns they may have regarding discharge orders or other concerns related to their or their family’s hospitalization.
8. Communicates all appropriate information to management support as appropriate.
9. Adheres to all elements of the established corporate compliance plan.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality both internally and externally and in accordance with HIPAA.
11. Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in data entry and processing.
- Skill in using and applying the following computer programs/software: Excel, Word, comparable programs, and other programs as needed.
- Knowledge of basic spelling, grammar and punctuation to process patient information.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the public.
High School Diploma required, prefer higher education progress or college credits
Three years in a health care setting, hospital experience preferred. Office experiences a plus.