A/R Manager - Louisville, Kentucky
Associates in Dermatology, PLLC (AID) is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed dermatologists in the Louisville area who have combined resources in order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and treat a variety of skins conditions.
Position Summary: The Account Reconciliation Manager is responsible for the review and evaluation of medical records in order to assign appropriate ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes, level of service and other designated codes so that the patient account can be properly charged.
Essential Functions Summary: This dermatology office-based Account Reconciliation Manager will be tasked with consistently and accurately assigning the appropriate designated codes to each patient record by reviewing the information provided in the medical record.
- Consistently and accurately assigns the appropriate ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes to each chart according to Federal and State Guidelines.
- Evaluation and Management Codes.
- All other CPT codes such as procedural services and critical care codes to each chart.
- Other miscellaneous and/or “tracker” codes.
- Consistently and accurately assign and sequence the appropriate diagnosis code(s) to each chart.
- Reconciles all accounts with the schedule to ensure all charges have been accounted for and ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Ensures all encounters are signed off on by Providers in EHR.
- Adheres to AMA and CMS coding guidelines.
- Completes all other assigned tasks to ensure efficient department function and work flow.
- Escalates any billing/coding issues to Client Service Director and Coding Education Manager
- Accurate understanding and application of client manual information to daily assignments.
- Monitor and maintain the credentialing and recredentialing for all providers
- Monitor and maintain licensures for all providers (State Licenses, DEA, CRS, etc)
- Daily reconciliation of deposits
- Manage collection activities of outstanding AR from patients; resolve billing problems efficiently
- Investigate and resolve billing disputes/issues timely and effectively
- Analyze Reports pertaining to billing and identify trends
- Act as a liaison between the office and 3rd-party billing office
- Knowledgeable of performing insurance verifications and precertification’s
- Maintain acceptable levels of attendance and punctuality as specified in company and departmental policies.
- Meet routine deadlines and work schedules as well as timely and accurate completion of special projects and any other duties as assigned.
- Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Displays and promotes problem solving skills and attitude.
- Display a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others in the course of duties.
The Account Reconciliation Manager will report to the CAO.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Must have Certified Coder degree or advanced coding knowledge.
Must have worked 1-year experience (preferable in dermatology)
Must be able to work independently and to maintain mental focus for long periods of time.
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other Medical Coding staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Typical conditions of office environment. During initial phases of training, stress levels may exceed normal levels as new skills are learned and new information is assimilated.