Excellent Medical Front Office Opportunity - Knoxville
StatCare, one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation, is currently hiring well qualified Clinical Assistants & Medical Receptionists to join our physician-owned group that currently serves 5 Tennova Healthcare and Covenant Health hospitals and 2 outpatient facilities in Knoxville, Tennessee.
We are currently seeking well qualified Medical Receptionists to join our outpatient facilities teams in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and provides appropriate information.
- Takes messages, and handles messages as specified.
- Greets and assists visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Depending on level of training, handles electronic registration and appointment scheduling of patients.
- Performs copying and faxing of documents, as requested.
- Files and pulls medical records, as appropriate.
- Sorts and delivers incoming faxes, express packages, and other urgent information.
- Types and formats documents on the computer / work processor, as requested by administration.
- Depending on site need and level of training, performs charge entry according to ICD-9 and CPT standards.
- Operates, makes minor adjustments to, and maintains basic maintenance to key office equipment, including but not limited to: phone system, copier, fax machine, scanner, and postage machine.
- Reports problems, challenges and potential improvements to procedures and equipment to supervisor.
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality both internally and externally.
- Adheres to the corporate compliance plan and policies.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience in an office setting with phone-answering as responsibility
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation needed to process business documents.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the public.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Contact Us Today!
To submit your CV for this job, click the “Apply” button, or email your CV directly to StatCare@emrecruits.com.