Head of Advisor Sales and Growth
The Head of Advisor Sales is a key member of the Business Development team, leading all sales efforts, consistently delivering Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) targets in the advisor segment, targeting opportunities with up to 25-30 advisor users across banks, broker dealers, insurance companies, RIAs, and trust companies. These opportunities generally range from $2,500 – 50,000 ARR per opportunity.
This senior leader is responsible and accountable for leading the company’s efforts to aggressively drive market penetration and ARR of new relationships as well as proactive growth of existing advisor relationships and offices both on a standalone basis and also within existing Enterprise relationships, working closely with internal and, where appropriate, external business partners.
Our product line is quickly expanding beyond eMoney’s core planning toolset to include other software solutions such as marketing /business development, performance measurement, proposal generation, fee billing, and likely other elements of the advice delivery tech stack. The leader is responsible for simplifying the complex to enhance the efficiency of the sales machine while evolving from being a single product sales team to a multi-solution distribution platform. The leader will assess current sales methodologies and team structure and implement necessary adjustments in order to optimize performance. S/he will also build the infrastructure and incentives to facilitate further aggressive growth.
Our source of leads and business development opportunities are also expanding quickly as a result of a reinvigoration of leadership, creativity and capabilities of our Marketing organization, as well as the evolution of affiliates within the Fidelity family as sources of leads for eMoney. The leader is responsible for working closely with the Marketing, Sales Enablement and affiliated teams to optimize demand gen conversions to successful realization of ARR.
This leader must have an appropriate balance of strategic insight, analytic acumen and execution bias, while also demonstrating strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills to inspire the team to achieve new levels of success in an increasingly complicated business system with an unrelenting focus on growth, customer and associate/team success. The leader will bring deep operational experience to build and scale the sales teams, driving net new logo deals and shifting the organization to a higher volume sales model.
The leader is also responsible for the professional- and skill-development of the Advisor Sales team, building a professional sales culture and team that fully exploits resources available to realize success.
Drive Business Results
- Maximize the potential of direct to advisor sales of eMoney planning and wealth management products and services, generating consistently growing new ARR, $20M+ per year
- Drive aggressive market penetration of new relationships, as well as proactive growth of existing advisor relationships
- Strategically manage the introduction and sales of new product and services to both existing clients and new relationships, in tight coordination with Marketing, Product, Training and Service teams
- Working with Sales Enablement, Marketing and Product teams, understand target customer needs, develop playbooks and accurately articulate eMoney’s value proposition with key decision makers and economic buyers
- Develop and implement best practices to maximize pipeline creation, pitches and wins
- Leverage deep operational experience to build and scale the sales teams, driving net new logo deals and shifting the organization to a higher volume sales model.
Advance Sales Practices and Capabilities
- Assess current sales methodologies and team structure and implement necessary adjustments in order to optimize performance. S/he will also build the infrastructure and incentives to facilitate further aggressive growth.
- Lead and coach Advisor Sales Managers in all phases of the selling process to achieve agreed upon targets and performance metrics
- Develop and coordinate the selling methodology, activities and reporting
- Actively participate with Marketing in the creative discussions and planning of the marketing strategies and programs targeted at the segment
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results, evolving and adapting as appropriate
- Foster a culture of progressive professional and personal development and mentoring of the sales team
Demonstrate Leadership and Business Acumen
- Contribute actively in on-going informal and formal dialogue and feedback processes with Product, Marketing, Technology, Client Service and Training to advance the product and service roadmap
- Identify ideas for introducing new products, services, and partners with the goal of increasing client retention and client growth
- Demonstrate strategic thought leadership and executive presence by consulting with clients and industry experts, developing and advancing eMoney’s point of view in the fin tech and wealth management industry through social media postings and speaking at industry conferences
- Collaborate with firm senior leadership to develop multi-year business plans
- Represent the company at industry events and programs, as well as at various community or other business meetings to promote the company
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters/advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in a senior-level high velocity, high volume sales management role
- Deep experience with data-driven direct sales in tight alignment with marketing and enterprise partners
- Demonstrated experience and success in a dynamic SaaS environment
- Prior success aggressively growing revenues at scale
- Demonstrated experience managing sales teams at scale, driving behaviors within a sales organization that result in significant ARR growth
- Track record of operational excellence in establishing a high performing and predictable sales engine
- Success introducing innovative performance metrics, data analysis, modern sales processes and technologies while holding teams accountable
- Incumbent will have demonstrated experience leadership and management experience with multi product, multi-channel transactional software sales
- Incumbent will have experience leveraging data and facts to organize and operationalize processes to optimize sales conversions and deliver aggressive ARR targets
- Demonstrated success building and implementing actionable plans with detailed timelines and flawless execution
- Knowledge and experience with data-driven, analytical sales tools in a SaaS B2B (SMB) context
- Broad based knowledge of managing risk and financial aspects for growing a business; able to balance both business and client needs
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to strategize and make decisions in a programmatic way
- Ability to focus both on continuing successful sales execution while simultaneously planning for the next stage of growth with a thoughtful approach to building scalable, repeatable programs and processes across a growing team and business
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to work across all departments, developing and managing constructive relationships internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and team orientation
- Demonstrate grace under pressure
- Salesforce CRM skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and other collaboration software skills
eMoney Advisor is the creator of the leading wealth-planning technology for financial professionals and firms, offering the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed as the regulatory environment shifts, investor expectations change, and the industry landscape becomes increasingly competitive. Not only do our solutions help financial professionals streamline their workflow and add efficiency to their business, they also — more importantly – create an unmatched, interactive client experience that builds trust and strengthens the advisor-client relationship. Though we’re driven to lead through innovation, the defining principle of eMoney’s existence will always remain the same: an unwavering dedication to helping advisors and their clients succeed.