Senior Advisory Data Architect
Our mission is to transform the way financial professionals deliver advice at scale and build collaborative relationships with their clients. At eMoney advisor, we are changing the rules in the wealth management industry through the infusion of cutting-edge technology and services.
For more than two decades, our software engineers have worked to develop products for financial professionals to transform the financial services industry as you know it today, to the dynamic and technology-forward industry of tomorrow. This includes bringing fresh ideas to legacy concepts and making sure that eMoney’s core values of collaboration, innovation, passion, integrity and of course fun are never compromised.
eMoney is a technology company and its engineers are its core. We are looking for the best and brightest software enthusiasts with a variety of technical skills who are ready to solve problems and challenge conventional thinking. People that love software design and our agile development methodology, whose views help to expand our product offerings in will thrive in our environment.
We are looking for a strong Software Architect to help us bring our data capabilities into 2020 and beyond. You will work together with product managers and owners, application development managers and tech leads, to define system architecture across multiple products, setting technology standards and strategy. This role will require a breadth of technology and communication skills to influence and lead the strategic direction.
As a Senior Advisory Data Architect, you will help shepherd the evolution of our technology stack and system architecture. You will lead solution architecture efforts, collaborating with development teams and stakeholders throughout the organization. You will use your broad experience and demonstrated sound judgement to define technology standards and practices that connect development teams with architecture strategy. You will provide vision for how the system architecture needs to evolve in order to support key business objectives, and you will plan the strategy to get there.
- Partner with development teams to build scalable, sustainable, maintainable and secure software.
- Influence, communicate and lead technology and design decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of the business context around the product and see the application not only as a developer, but also from the perspective of a user.
- Coach other team members, sharing your knowledge and expertise.Collaborate with Tech Leads and other Architects to make decisions on adoption of technology standards, patterns, and practices that accelerate product delivery while aligning development activities to architecture vision.
- Lead organization-wide architecture initiatives.
- May lead multiple large initiatives in parallel.
- Do research, deliver proof of concept experiments, write documentation, and collaborate across the organization to plan and deliver on key architectural initiatives.
- Work closely with development teams on execution of strategic projects, participating in design discussions, ceremonies, development, testing, and deployment as needed.
- Propose technologies and techniques that solve specific problems or that may provide business opportunity, based on experience, collaboration, and knowledge of industry trends.
- Participate in system design reviews for key projects, propose solutions, and surface misalignment with strategy and standards.
- Support development teams in various areas of the technology stack.
- Participate in project scope and prioritization.
- Passionately evangelize your work throughout the organization using various channels.
- Mentor other Architects in technical expertise and in abilities to collaborate and influence.
- 2+ years experience with big data, data lakes, and aggregation
- 15+ years working in an architecture role
- Experience working in a modern software development environment using practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, XP.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, microservices and messaging, and queueing.
- Experience in large scale database design, partitioning and sharding, traditional and noSQL databases, Hadoop and other large scale distributed file systems
- Experience in data security and PII protection
- Experience with integration with multiple internal and external systems
- A desire to continuously learn new technologies, approaches and practices.
- Strong expertise in data management and engineering technology including:
- Data warehouse and data lake platforms
- Data migration and transformation pipelines
- Data lineage and governance
- Data Analytics
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts and deployment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Must take pride in others completing what you have begun
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money. Founded in 2000, it’s the only wealth management system for financial advisors that offers transparency, security, mobile access and superior organization for everything that impacts their clients' financial lives. Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, eMoney’s 1000 employees serve almost 60 thousand financial professionals and supports over 2.9 million end clients.