Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to transform the way financial professionals deliver advice at scale and build collaborative relationships with their clients. At eMoney advisor, we are changing the rules in the wealth management industry through the infusion of leading-edge technology and services.
For more than two decades, our software engineers have worked to develop products for financial professionals to transform the financial services industry as you know it today, to the dynamic and technology driven industry of tomorrow. This includes bringing fresh ideas to legacy concepts and making sure that eMoney’s core values of collaboration, innovation, passion, integrity and of course fun are never compromised.
eMoney is a technology company and its engineers are its core. We are looking for the best and brightest software enthusiasts with a variety of technical skills who are ready to solve problems and challenge conventional thinking. People that love design and our agile development methodology, whose views help to expand the product vertical their team operates in will thrive in our environment.
We are looking for a strong senior developer to help us bring our product into 2020, providing our customers with the best user experience on desktop, mobile and everything in between. You will be working in a Agile SCRUM team with 2 week sprints. Our work is primarily in a ReactJS micro frontend app with Redux and a C# back-end. You will have an opportunity to coach less experienced developers within the team, but at the same time learn from peers in other teams during numerous in-house activities such as coding dojos and lunch-and-learns.
If you have these qualifications…
- Experience with object oriented programming languages.
- Experience with React and Redux. Knowledge of webpack, react-scripts, redux-saga, front-end unit and in-browser automated testing, lodash, axios, GraphQL and REST is a plus.
- Experience with responsive development and styling. Multiple methods of responsive development and styling a plus.
- Desired experience working in a modern software development environment using practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, test driven development, pair programming, mob programming, Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, XP.
- A desire to continuously learn new technologies, approaches and practices.
- Desired but NOT required, knowledge of or interest in learning cloud technologies, microservices and messaging, queueing, and big data.
- Desired but NOT required, experience working in a full stack environment, comfortable with database technology and SQL.
And can handle these responsibilities…
- Build scalable, sustainable, maintainable and secure software.
- Complete complex modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing functionality without the need for oversight.
- Be active - participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews, drive positive change to improve product quality and development process.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business context around the product and see the application not only as a developer, but also from the perspective of a user
- Coach other team members, sharing your knowledge and expertise.
We will give you….
- A great place to learn, grow, transform and lead
- Access to O’Reilly Learning, Pluralsight and other resources with a 10% work-hours dedicated for learning; we also bring in vendors for training.
- Flexible “work from home” options.
- A fun environment that encourages having a good time and loving what you do.
- A robust benefits package that includes no-cost medical plan options and a variety of company provided benefits to enhance your life outside of work
- 401k with a company match
At eMoney Advisor, our mission is to help people talk about money. Founded in 2000, it’s the only wealth management system for financial advisors that offers transparency, security, mobile access and superior organization for everything that impacts their clients' financial lives. Our award-winning, web-based services and resources are designed to amplify advisors' value to their clients. Today, eMoney’s 1000 employees serve almost 60 thousand financial professionals and supports over 2.9 million end clients.