Freelance Broker Writer
About Your Role:
Investopedia is seeking a Brokerage and Investing Expert to join its team of freelance writers. The world’s largest online financial and investing site is taking its educational content to the next level on its mission to help investors make smarter decisions. The Brokerage and Investing Expert will research broker platforms and know everything about their offerings, write reviews of online brokers’ products and offer solid, unbiased advice to readers on what they can expect if they open a brokerage account.
This role is contract for 6 months reporting into the content team.
About Your Contributions:
- Submit questions to brokers and do independent research on their products and features
- Develop editorial relationships with principals at online brokerage companies and robo-advisors to stay on top of company and product developments
- Write best-in-industry reviews and ratings of brokers to publish on Investopedia and generate PR and backlinks
- Create multi-media broker reviews using charts and other means to compliment review pages
- A demonstrated track record of writing about financial products for consumers especially in relation to brokers and robo-advisors
- Excellent writing and editing skills in explaining online broker functionality, features and comparables in an approachable way for everyday investors
- Vigilant oversight of the online broker and robo-advisor marketplace to keep Investopedia on top of industry and product developments
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing best practices to make sure we are maximizing our reach with our reviews and related articles
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.